Business Owners Who Beat obamacare Denied Award From Denver

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Seriously, this adopted persona of your has grown tiresome. It seems fairly obvious that "Incorruptible" was whipped up by someone (presumably someone politically liberal) to troll this forum with a lot of bigoted nonsense and goofy arch-conservative drivel. I'd ask that whomever you are, you reel this in. It's just not entertaining enough to keep this up.

I'd really, really like to believe all this is a clever ruse by someone, but after looking at Freep and other rightwing forums, I don't know.
I do agree the account should be banned, simply to stop polluting the forum with nonsense.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
loud yelling

:rolleyes: Just because you shout it in bolded all caps doesn't make it so.

If you're unwilling to take the councilman's excuse at its face value, then make your point and move the fuck on. Getting into "nuh-uh, yeah-huh" arguments is beyond retarded.

Do I think it was a poor move on their part, which only brought more attention to the issue, resulting in the exact opposite of their intentions? Yes. Still, as someone who works in Denver and was a former resident, I could not possibly care less about some ceremonial business award I've never heard about.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Big deal over nothing. Dumb city council is dumb, this snub blows up in their face and the company gets more buzz than they could have hoped for.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Seriously, this adopted persona of your has grown tiresome. It seems fairly obvious that "Incorruptible" was whipped up by someone (presumably someone politically liberal) to troll this forum with a lot of bigoted nonsense and goofy arch-conservative drivel. I'd ask that whomever you are, you reel this in. It's just not entertaining enough to keep this up.

I just can't imagine this being a troll, all of the time and effort to dig through Minutia for post narratives.

I highly suspect this guy is for real, which is frankly scary.

I once asked Craig from Craigslist why he didn't ban more actively on his politics forum. He said that he would rather have a place for the nuts to blow off steam and be heard, then alternative means of getting attention.

Apr 27, 2012
Its City Council and its some stupid award. Stop acting like this is Big Government treating people badly. The succesfully opted out of ObamaCare only to lose some stupid certificate from the city. Is it really a big deal?

The award itself really isnt that big of a deal but its the principle, just because of political reasons they lost the award, that means if another company supported obamacare then they would be eligible to receive the award.

In a way there restricting freedom and the government has no right to do this. Thats the problem I have with the government telling a PRIVATE business how to operate

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
The award was for "contributions to the community" including a "generous healthcare package". The company then proceeded to litigate for the right to offer a less generous healthcare package. The restrictive healthcare package could reasonably be interpreted as restricting access to reproductive health care, which could reasonably be interpreted as against the public good.

So, company is set to receive an award and prior to receipt makes large strides to undo what caused them to be named for the award. What exactly is wrong with not giving the award?

An MVP candidate who gets busted for juicing isn't likely to win the MVP. A mayor set to have a library named after him probably won't get that library honor if he participates in a book burning the night before. It goes on.