Business class (multi-user) digital photo organizer

Dec 19, 2003
I have a situation where I need to store and maintain a very large set of digital photos (job site pictures) but I need to allow multiple people to access them.

Obviously they would be categorized but it would be nice to tag the photos so staff could search for certain terms.

There are plenty of consumer programs out there but I'm curious if anyone uses any business oriented ones.

Say for example Picasa, works great, but trying to import every jobsite to every single computer by hand isn't exactly business friendly. This would be more of a install and point it to a database or something like that kind of deal.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Lifted

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2004
For photo and video digital asset management software I recently started using http://daminion.net/

It's cheap, performance is great, and it has a multi user client/server version. It's still in RC state, and you can run it for free for now, at least until final 1.0 is released. They recently added the ability to create users with a few different options for permissions, which they be building upon in the future for more granular permissions, but in it's current state it's still the best I've used. I was using IDimager before this but it was a bit of a hog as it tried to do too much, and the developer decided to abondon it in favor of some cute little photo effect apps, and a very simple photo manager.

Edit: Just received an email from the IDimager folks. The name of the new app is Photo Supreme and they now have a multi-user SQL version available. I didn't hear anything too great about Photo Supreme when it first came out (everyone bailed from IDimager and went to Daminion as Photo Supreme just wasn't enough for the IDimager users), so you might want to take a look at the IDimager and Daminion forums to get a better idea on the differences between them.

Last edited: