Business attire for interview - suit and tie ... please help

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
I have to go on Monday and was told to wear a suit and tie for the meeting. I would like to know what colors are recommended nowadays. I was thinking something simple like black suit and pants with a white shirt or a gray suit.

Can you please give some advice. Thanks.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Yes, just stick with the old standards. Dark suit (grey or black) with a white shirt and tie.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
A gray business suit (no pinstripes) with a white shirt and a burgundy power tie is good attire for a first in person interview.

For the second interview, they usually recommend a blue shirt and a yellow tie.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Just do something conservative and you'll be fine. Any variation within those parameters makes no significant difference

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
If you're feeling bolder for that second interview, you can try the "mono color" look with a blue shirt and matching blue striped tie. Hey... if John McCain can pull it off, so can you!

ninu

Feb 15, 2008
My friend. You have two good options; and i would suggest you to go for black suit and pants with a white shirt and a black or dark navy blue tie with a Windsor Knot.
I hope this helps you. And I wish you all the best for your interview.:thumbsup:

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
you do what's comfortable and YOUR style. I went to my interview in a chocolate brown suit with baby blue pinstripes, a baby blue shirt and matching blue cool looking tie. Got offers from both, both mentioned they loved the suit.