Bushism of the Day

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 16, 2005
Originally posted by: ScudRunner
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
It's not a joke, it's an actual exchange between Bush and a reporter. I didn't see anything posted here. In any event, it's true - Bush didn't know the guy was blind, but still, this is the sort of awkward situation that results when the President insists on shooting from the hip with his rural Texas smart-assery.

I like a Prez that's shoots from the hip:thumbsup:

dumbya does that alright, with his eyes closed and ears plugged. if you like a moronic, childish chickenhawk as your prez, then it's been your lucky day(s). However, most people with an IQ above 90 prefer someone who doesn't succeed by name alone. Someone with real integrity. Someone who isn't just a talking head, like rove talking crap about dems not being there when the last shot is fired, where was rove during Viet Nam? Or dead-eye or dumbya? I know they were all hiding in corners, using deferments, getting strings pulled by daddy to keep you out of the war.
People like you really need to pull your head out of rove's ass.

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
[/quote]dumbya does that alright, with his eyes closed and ears plugged. if you like a moronic, childish chickenhawk as your prez, then it's been your lucky day(s). However, most people with an IQ above 90 prefer someone who doesn't succeed by name alone. Someone with real integrity. Someone who isn't just a talking head, like rove talking crap about dems not being there when the last shot is fired, where was rove during Viet Nam? Or dead-eye or dumbya? I know they were all hiding in corners, using deferments, getting strings pulled by daddy to keep you out of the war. People like you really need to pull your head out of rove's ass.[/quote]

"In December 1969, the Selective Service System held its first lottery drawing. Those born on December 25th, like Rove, received number 84. That number placed him in the middle of those (with numbers 1 [first priority] through 195) who would eventually be drafted. On February 17, 1970, Rove was reclassified as 2-S, a deferment from the draft because of his enrollment at the University of Utah in the fall of 1969. He maintained this deferment until Dec. 14, 1971, despite being only a part-time student in the autumn and spring quarters of 1971 (registered for between six and 12 credit hours) and dropping out of the university in June of 1971."

Yep, another one who supports war as long as he's not in it.