Bush wants to rule a post-war Iraq! Liberation or invasion...?

Richdog

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2003
Bush and Blair have been arguing long and hard about the government and administration of post-war Iraq, and Europe and the UN's role in it. But will there be an accomodation? Apparently not, as Bush wants to have FULL control of the high-level government and also of the money that oozes forth from the oil wells and is supposedly entering a trust fund for the Iraqi people. He wishes to leave the UN high and dry on this one. Any thoughts? :frown:

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Richdog
Bush and Blair have been arguing long and hard about the government and administration of post-war Iraq, and Europe and the UN's role in it. But will there be an accomodation? Apparently not, as Bush wants to have FULL control of the high-level government and also of the money that oozes forth from the oil wells and is supposedly entering a trust fund for the Iraqi people. He wishes to leave the UN high and dry on this one. Any thoughts? :frown:

uh...yeah...links showing that Bush wants FULL control would be nice.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur

You know he can't since Bush has FULL control of the media already!

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Queasy

No no no no... the JEWS have FULL control of the media

AbsolutDealage

Platinum Member
Dec 20, 2002
Could someone lock up this thread?? I am in danger of drowning in a lake of stupidity here....

This thread was crap to begin with, and now its crap with a side of biggotry.

Richdog

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2003
lol I didnt read it on the internet, I saw it on the news. Obviously it didnt say he was "invading" Iraq, it merely states that Bush and Blair were having great difficulty in deciding how post-war Iraq was to be run. And it states the reason for that was because Bush wants America to run the show more or less completely when the war is over.

Im not saying anything you cant see for yourself if you watch the news, so the stupidity may not be on my part... the rest is my slant as I really cant stand Bush to be honest. And I'm not alone in that...
rolleye.gif

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
I also saw on the news that Bush prefers the UN to be in a supportive role of a new Iraqi government, similar to what they are doing in Afghanistan, instead of having the country over-run by UN bureaucrats.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Then perhaps you missed the Bush/Blair press conference yesterday:

Paraphrasing as I was watching it:

Bush: Coalition forces are advancing day by day...slowly, the grip of terror around the throats of Iraqi people is being loosened. Engaging the dictator's most hardened forces. Iraq will be disarmed and regime ended. Prepared to deliver humanitarian aid on a large scale. Asking UN to resume the Oil for Food program. Committed to helping them over the long-term. The form of this new gov't will be chosen by the Iraqi people...not imposed by outsiders. I see hope, as does PM blair, to bring hope to the entire middle east.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: AbsolutDealage
Could someone lock up this thread?? I am in danger of drowning in a lake of stupidity here....

If my post is part of the reason you think it is being overrun by biggotry, check your sarcasm detector, it appears to need an RMA

Richdog

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Mookow

If my post is part of the reason you think it is being overrun by biggotry, check your sarcasm detector, it appears to need an RMA

LOL

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001

Bush is Jewish?

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: jjones

Bush is Jewish?

Of course not, but don't you know that Ari Fleischer is the one that is actually his Zionist handler?

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: jjones

Bush is Jewish?

My readings show you too need to RMA your sarcasm detector, ASAP

SgtBuddy

Jun 2, 2001
Should the title of this thread be:

Blair wants to rule a post-war Iraq! Liberation or invasion...?

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: smartt
UN reminds me of the Little Red Hen now.

Bush has stated we wat a Representative Repubic in place. A far cry from the so-called Democracy of most of Europe.

andreasl

Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Tominator

Bush has stated we wat a Representative Repubic in place. A far cry from the so-called Democracy of most of Europe.

I guess you think the elections will be held the day after the war ends then. We're talking about a period of at least 2 years. That has been mentioned in the media on several occations, especially before the war started. Oh and can you expand your comment about Europe plz?

steell

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
Originally posted by: andreasl
Originally posted by: Tominator

I guess you think the elections will be held the day after the war ends then. We're talking about a period of at least 2 years. That has been mentioned in the media on several occations, especially before the war started. Oh and can you expand your comment about Europe plz?

I doubt that he was referring to Sweden (I am not a mind reader though), although I am interested in your opinion of the political climate in other European countries.

Probably another time and place would be better.

Spyro

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2001

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Bush to meet with Iraqi exiles

Administration sources said one option is to install an interim authority in areas already under U.S. control ? the idea being to blunt charges that the U.S. military intends to keep full control over Iraq

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
not a bad idea, also shows the Iraqi people the changes are already happening, that Saddam no longer has control over them.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Hmm...and this from the BBC daily diaries of reporters:

Belfast :: Mark Simpson :: 1950GMT

There isn't much which unites Northern Ireland's political parties, but they share a sense of surprise at the news that the American President is coming to meet them this week.

President George W Bush hasn't taken a hands-on role in the peace process and the issue clearly won't be top of his list of priorities when he arrives in Belfast on Monday. But in between talks on Iraq, Mr Bush and Mr Blair will meet the leaders of the main pro-Agreement parties here.

Will this be a resurfacing of <gasp> the Great Uniter? ;)