Bush urging Americans to spend the tax rebate

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Straight into the bank. If I want something, I buy it -- I'm a frugal person and always have enough cash on hand to buy anything reasonable (<$1000) that I want.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Quintox
I understand his reason for urging people to spend the $$, but for families that are getting $1000+ , bills are going to be a priority over toys.

The only way you could guarantee the money to be spent is if you got paid in gift cards or something like that, though of course that is just plain silly.

I know my parents are going to pay bills with theirs, what are you planning on doing with yours?

PS. I didn't see this as a Politics thread.

I have to disagree with you. You are right partially, in that there will be some smart people including myself who will save the money. But don't be so quick to place everyone into that category. Remember when FEMA distributed those prepaid cash cards a while ago. Strip clubs, booze, etc. Im sure the majority of people out there will be soo excited to have money thrown at them, there will be men putting rims on their cars and women going on clothing shopping sprees.