Bush urges prescription-drug bill

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Bush urges Congress to spend more money on the prescription drug entitlement.

Yea - more waste...more beauracracy...more unwanted entitlements(or so say some Seniors who will end up paying more for drugs/etc no matter which bill gets signed).

I can't stand this "I want to sign the legislation into law before the year is out."" BS from Bush.:| This legislation is NOT needed and NOT wanted and it'll only worsen the yearly entitlement budget outlook.:|

CkG

PS - I hope DealMonkey reads and approves of this thread:D I'd love to add "DealMonkey Approved!" to the title:D

PPS - Is this "better" DealMonkey? or is this more "partisanship";):p

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Gonad the Barbarian
Somebody better get in touch with CAD, someone's hijacked his account.

Nope, It's just that I got a new pair of BB shoes today. I'm just giving them a whirl. DealMonkey, you wanna play some hoops?:D

CkG

PS - "BB" doesn't equal Basketball;)

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
See Cad, I knew you could do it. :) No one can call you a 'hater' if you criticize both sides. But back to the topic -- this is precisely the sort of thing I keep pointing out to 'true' conservatives. Bush has abandoned many of the core beliefs of conservatism. In this case, by raising gov't spending to the tune of $400 billion over 10 years... I guess 'compassionate conservative' = spend more.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
See Cad, I knew you could do it. :) No one can call you a 'hater' if you criticize both sides. But back to the topic -- this is precisely the sort of thing I keep pointing out to 'true' conservatives. Bush has abandoned many of the core beliefs of conservatism. In this case, by raising gov't spending to the tune of $400 billion over 10 years... I guess 'compassionate conservative' = spend more.

But the only reason it will not pass, is because the republicans have not spent enough.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

Actually I've commented on this particular issue before...but I don't think I started the thread on it.(did I?)

You are correct that Bush has "gone towards" the middle - but it's still far enough right to support him over any of the other candidates that are running in '04. I supported Bush in '00 but not in the Primary;) I'll leave that one a secret...for now:D

Sure I'd love to see Bush grow a Conservative backbone and with enough help in Congress next election - I believe he'll do just that:)

Anyway this whole prescription drug thing better fail - It'll become a HUGE drain just like SS and other entitlements have become. The gov't should NOT be in the health insurance/drug coverage business.

BTW - anyone read the Nader piece ...about the Democrats? Hmm... maybe I should start a thread about Nader.:p

CkG