Bush Poll: Economy Optimism credited to President

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
12-5-2003 Poll: Optimism on Economy Boosts Bush

Americans are growing more optimistic about the economy and that shift is beginning to improve President Bush's standing with voters, according to an Associated Press poll.

"I'm mulling over what I'm going to do in the next election," said Eydee Nelson, a mother of two young girls in Fort Collins, Colo. "I feel like the economy is picking up. That definitely makes me more sympathetic to the president's re-election," said Nelson, who turned 32 on Friday.

"If things are going well, it's more than likely he'll get a good bit of credit for it," said Doreen Hartley, a 48-year-old computer programmer who lives in Newtown, Pa., near Philadelphia.

Joseph Caporino of Hoboken, N.J. said he would consider voting for someone other than Bush.

"It depends on the other candidates in the race and what they have to say," the 54-year-old account manager said. "There's no sense putting another jerk in there. At least Bush has already been in for a while."

In the new poll, 43 percent said the country was headed in the right direction, and 51 percent said it was on the wrong track. In mid-November, 38 percent had a positive view, and 56 percent said wrong track.

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
Those who criticize a sitting president for the bad economy, should also credit the sitting president for the good economy.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: miguel
Those who criticize a sitting president for the bad economy, should also credit the sitting president for the good economy.

Oh another CAD, the Economy is great, God is great, oh wait, that's right there is no God in America, God is illegal and Unconstitutional.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Oh another CAD, the Economy is great, God is great, oh wait, that's right there is no God in America, God is illegal and Unconstitutional.
Hey Dave, we get it already. Now please, STFU with you God BS!

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

WTF? Do you ever read what I post? Do you forget that I mentiong that things are GETTING BETTER and LOOKING UP. Nah - you just sit here and claim I said things are just fine and that the economy is great.

I'm a bit confused as to the rest of your quite short rant, but then again hopefully it had nothing to do with what I've posted.

miguel is right though - if you criticize him for the "bad" economy then you must also credit him for the "better" economy.
I know it's a tough concept down there in skyless country though;)

CkG

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Nah, there's a sky in Georgia, it's just sitting in pieces on the ground.