Bush - O'Reilly interview videos on foxnews.com

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
O'Reilly's 6-part interview with President Bush

Some things strike me from these videos:

1. Bush is not a fumbling speaker. He was very collected and answered almost all of Bill's questions without hesitation, and most of the answers did not seem rehearsed.
2. Bush is informed. He gives very specific details about countries, leaders, and issues.
3. Bush absolutely believes what he says, and repeats several times that he takes singular responsibilty for his decisions.

I would encourage everyone to watch all parts of the interview with an open mind, as I think it will show the man is worthy of respect and should not be insulted, even if you adamantly disagree with his policies and actions.

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
Originally posted by: hellokeith
O'Reilly's 6-part interview with President Bush

Some things strike me from these videos:

1. Bush is not a fumbling speaker. He was very collected and answered almost all of Bill's questions without hesitation, and most of the answers did not seem rehearsed.
2. Bush is informed. He gives very specific details about countries, leaders, and issues.
3. Bush absolutely believes what he says, and repeats several times that he takes singular responsibilty for his decisions.

I would encourage everyone to watch all parts of the interview with an open mind, as I think it will show the man is worthy of respect and should not be insulted, even if you adamantly disagree with his policies and actions.

I'm trying to get the video to load, but it's not working. However, I highly doubt that Bush wasn't given all of the questions before the interview took place and all of the answers ahead of time. Actually, I wouldn't even be surprised if there was a teleprompter behind O'Reilly. If Bush is not a fumbling speaker, we should be able to find good interviews that shows this that didn't take place on fox news.

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
Good. If he takes responsibility for the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis dead and the tens of thousands of American solider casualties directly resulting from his decisions, he can go meet Mussolini's corpse in the Hague.

Until then, saying "I take responsibility" is as much of a cop-out as simply labeling countries 'evil' so you don't have to deal with them. And those were such softball questions, I'm surprised he just didn't resurrect Scott McClellan's career to answer them for him.

O'Rielly is a complete tool, and Bush going on to discuss whatever fantasy world he and Mr. O'Rielly live in is not really worthy of anything positive.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
good to see Bill O'Reilly asking the really tough, hard-hitting questions.

or something.

interview is probably the wrong word to use, OP... that's more like a press release.

catnap1972

Platinum Member
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481
good to see Bill O'Reilly asking the really tough, hard-hitting questions.

or something.

interview is probably the wrong word to use, OP... that's more like a press release.

"Propaganda update" sounds more like it

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
It will be more telling to see how agitated king george gets during the Stephanopolus interview.

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Well, based on that segment:

Fox News, Softball Questions all the time, at least for our team .... :roll:

How do you feel, is your job hard, do you ever take breaks .....

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Come on, Bill O'Reilly, they may as well had brought in Rush Limbaugh if they were looking at being critical. You would swear Bush was running for office or something.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Bush does well in this type of forum where is he speaking and not trying to read a speech. I TOTALLY suck at reading speeches, but am a very good speaker when going off notes or the top of my head. Some people are just not good at reading and speaking.
Bill Clinton is good at reading speeches, but everyone says he does MUCH better off the top of his head. Apparently he gave the teleprompter guys fits during his many speeches cause he would go on tangents and they didn't know what to do.

Someone who is a great "free style" speaker is Elizabeth Dole, anyone watch some of her 2000 campaign meetings where she walks and talks, great skills.
I guess John Edwards is suppose to be good too, but to be honest I can't listen to him cause he makes me sick :)

O'Reilly made the comment after night 2? that he Bush truly believes what he says. He also said that he thinks Bush worries that we might not actually win the war in Iraq, although Bush would never say that himself.

And for all you bash O'Rielly people he had Charles Rangel on after Bush to provide some commentary on what Bush says. O'Reilly can rant and rave on some issues, but he tends to be fair on many political issues. And treats almost all his guests with respect and almost always gives them the last word. (unless you some crazy 9-11 kook, then he just shouts at you and calls you names, very entertaining :) )

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Prof John what are you talking about? He fumbles like crazy in the impromptu interviews or chit chats as well....

As for this...well i have to compare this to the thousand other times he has spoken. And a thousand to 1 is still roughly zero ;)

bobdelt

May 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Aisengard
Good. If he takes responsibility for the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis dead and the tens of thousands of American solider casualties directly resulting from his decisions, he can go meet Mussolini's corpse in the Hague.

Until then, saying "I take responsibility" is as much of a cop-out as simply labeling countries 'evil' so you don't have to deal with them. And those were such softball questions, I'm surprised he just didn't resurrect Scott McClellan's career to answer them for him.

O'Rielly is a complete tool, and Bush going on to discuss whatever fantasy world he and Mr. O'Rielly live in is not really worthy of anything positive.

tens of thousands? when did that happen?

blackllotus

Golden Member
May 30, 2005
Originally posted by: bobdelt

"Casualties" includes both the wounded and the dead

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: bobdelt

Text

imported_Aelius

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2004
He is given an earbud mic and directed from there.

Seen uncut Satelite feeds that showed this used on virtually every single person on TV during the Presidential Elections when Clinton won the first time.

I don't buy for one second that they suddenly turned honest. Sorry that's total BS.

If you think I'm making this up just look at a documentary called "Spin". It shows some of the unedited satelite feed.

Heck use your satelite during this election and record stuff from multiple stations. You may have to search through thousands of hours of feeds but it's all there.

Just hidden from view while "on the air". Technically on satelite they are always on the air. Perhaps candidates have wised up since then.

boredhokie

May 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
wow, I hope Fox News pays the same respect to Bill Clinton.... oh, wait...

Well, at least Bush didn't blow a fuse :laugh:

I think the coke blew them out a long time ago. Bush has gotten pretty agitated with hard questions in the past and always stuttered his way through them. Ain't his fault though, he's country!

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Oh, you must mean the "interview" when Clinton pointed out that he at least tried to get Bin Laden while others after his term in office did nothing at all....

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: daveymark
Originally posted by: senseamp
Did O'Reilly ask Bush what he did to stop 9/11 in 2001?

no, that is not the question viewers wanted to ask him.

I remember a time when reporters asked hard questions and didn't need "the viewers" as a diveboard to ask them..

randym431

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2003
Well....

If you also open your mind and listen to the Al Franken show, Al makes a great point on Bush over and over. That is, when ever Bush is asked about Iraq, i.e. the "strategy", Bush has no answer. He talks or defaults on the talking points of "goals". As Al points out, "Goals" are NOT strategy. And it seems Bush does not know, either what the difference is, or more so, Bush has NO strategy. Great point AL!

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
All I saw was O'Reilly slobbering all over the President's knob. Christ, did he change his middle name to "Lewinsky?"

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

He did with Matt Lauer and in the Rose Garden a few weeks ago with David Gregory.