Bush and the Truth - Interesting Analysis

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Here is an interesting analysis by John Dean of Bush's possible dishonesty and the potential consequences. Unlike the many editorials on this topic, this is quite detailed with more thoughtful analysis than raw opinion. I imagine Bush supporters won't like the article anyway, but it is a good read. Food for thought.
From Findlaw, Missing Weapons Of Mass Destruction: Is Lying About The Reason For War An Impeachable Offense?

President George W. Bush has got a very serious problem. Before asking Congress for a Joint Resolution authorizing the use of American military forces in Iraq, he made a number of unequivocal statements about the reason the United States needed to pursue the most radical actions any nation can undertake - acts of war against another nation.

Now it is clear that many of his statements appear to be false. In the past, Bush's White House has been very good at sweeping ugly issues like this under the carpet, and out of sight. But it is not clear that they will be able to make the question of what happened to Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) go away - unless, perhaps, they start another war.

That seems unlikely. Until the questions surrounding the Iraqi war are answered, Congress and the public may strongly resist more of President Bush's warmaking.

Presidential statements, particularly on matters of national security, are held to an expectation of the highest standard of truthfulness. A president cannot stretch, twist or distort facts and get away with it. President Lyndon Johnson's distortions of the truth about Vietnam forced him to stand down from reelection. President Richard Nixon's false statements about Watergate forced his resignation.

[ ... ]

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
eh, he might think that he was telling the truth and then some jr briefer would be hung out for the vultures

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I thought using Bush and Truth in the same sentence was an oxymoron. Maybe just moron.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Bigdude
The country loves Bush, you would have to be a Commie to hate him!

I find it difficult to determine boy bushes from girl bushes but, in either case we are told to keep em clear of the fences for fear of fire. The country especially so. The cities are less prone to bush infestation due to the absence of dirt to provide growth..
I'll defer to your wisdom regarding the benefits of bush and the country folks though being a city boy and all.
:)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
So when does impeachment start?

He'd get a change of venue though if impeachment passed the house... The super thwart is in charge in the Senate.

Maybe be tried off shore on an oil rig somewhere.

randym431

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2003
Think about it. If someone says "let me be honest with you", they were not truthful before. CNN says "Bush says he'll tell the truth about WMD". Ops, was that a slip of the brain.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: HJD1
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
So when does impeachment start?

He'd get a change of venue though if impeachment passed the house... The super thwart is in charge in the Senate.

Maybe be tried off shore on an oil rig somewhere.

I can imagine the Enron boys would be the jury.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
If they don't find a giant f*cking missile silo filled with a couple dozen ICBMs carrying active nuclear/bio/chem warheads in the next three months, Congress should impeach Bush's sorry ass.

What sucks is that this seriously messes up the credibility of our allies during this whole incident. It's going to be a freaking lot harder now to get world support when a real problem rolls around next time.

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Bush1 - Get outta Kuwait!

Bush2 - Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Bush3 - Re-Election & Hello Iran?

~wnied~

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

If I have to be a commie for hating him you have to be a total idiot for loving him.

From what I've seen of your posts there is a vastly greater likelihood you're an idiot.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: BOBDN

If I have to be a commie for hating him you have to be a total idiot for loving him.

From what I've seen of your posts there is a vastly greater likelihood you're an idiot.

Pot meet the Kettle.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

ROFLMAO

alzan:D

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

Pot meet the Kettle.

WOW! Did you come up with that all by yourself?

You can join bigdude in his own personal mensa chapter.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

Pot meet the Kettle.

Which one are you?