Burnout 3 Question

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Some other tactics I found:

Wall riding:
Drift into the wall, and just before you hit the wall tap the boost, you'll retain pretty much all your speed and ride around sharp turns like you're on rails.

Boost pulsing:
Tapping the boost about once per second makes you about as fast as holding it down, but only uses 1/4 of the boost.

Slvrtg277

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
Some other tactics I found:

Wall riding:
Drift into the wall, and just before you hit the wall tap the boost, you'll retain pretty much all your speed and ride around sharp turns like you're on rails.

Boost pulsing:
Tapping the boost about once per second makes you about as fast as holding it down, but only uses 1/4 of the boost.

Unless you're in the F1 style cars...then touching the wall slows you down because they're open-wheel cars. The game is painfully accurate with this detail.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Well, I first found the trick in the Hotrod, which is open wheeled. I think I cut some 10 seconds/lap off in the S-turn after the tunnel on the burning lap.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Through my limited playing, I'm noticing bronze gets you new events and gold is just for some extra points. Is that true? I would hope gold, or at least silver, unlocks most events.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
I see what you guys mean by elastic AI. It's a pain in the head to heads but in the others its not so bad.

And frustrated - I don't think it is but I could be wrong. This is a game that was meant for a console.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Another question - if you do after touch too long, does it put your farther back in the race?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: NakaNaka
Originally posted by: Sluggo
When doing world tour crashes, on many of them you can break 1 million. My top so far is around 1.6 million.

This game is Tons O Fun.... except for the damn hot lap races in world mode, its hard as crap to get gold in those. I just love road rage.

Yeah. I've only played the game for an hour but I already realize how much fun I'm gonna have with it.

Ugh. Just wait until you get to the Burning Lap tracks. Prepare to scream profanity in every language you know.

- M4H

those are great. Yes they are frustrating but when you're in the zone you its amazing...you have to pull of about a perfect lap.

Man I still haven't finished that game - probably about 85% done.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
Originally posted by: spidey07
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: NakaNaka
Originally posted by: Sluggo
When doing world tour crashes, on many of them you can break 1 million. My top so far is around 1.6 million.

This game is Tons O Fun.... except for the damn hot lap races in world mode, its hard as crap to get gold in those. I just love road rage.

Yeah. I've only played the game for an hour but I already realize how much fun I'm gonna have with it.

Ugh. Just wait until you get to the Burning Lap tracks. Prepare to scream profanity in every language you know.

- M4H

those are great. Yes they are frustrating but when you're in the zone you its amazing...you have to pull of about a perfect lap.

Man I still haven't finished that game - probably about 85% done.

I hate them with a passion. I'm stuck on the second F1 formula burning lap. It's so long and the moment you lose your concentration, that's another 5 minutes wasted.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
Races don't only unlock races of the same type. You have to do other things as well.

I love getting crashes of over 1million. Always aim for the 4x bonus thing. It rocks. Haven't played it online though but heard that was fun too.

Only thing I don't like is the one where you have to beat the time. I always seem to crash once too many and miss it by seconds.

yeah, I still haven't read about "headlines" - apparently if you get super high scores on certain crash areas you get a headline. I've got a bunch of them but know I'm missing some.