Burnout 3 Question

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Hey guys. Anyone else have Burnout 3? I just bought it and it rocks. But the problem is this. In crash mode, I'm doing pretty well. I just got 260,000 dollars on a crash and I still haven't unlocked the second crash site. Why is this? How do I know how much it is to unlock each AND how do I do this?

Thanks

-Phil

NateD

Oct 16, 2002
You gotta play crash in that world event mode or whatever its called, in order to unlock more levels. I had the same problem. I kept playing that one level over and over, not sure why they don't make it more clear.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
I don't want cheats. I wanna know why when I did well enough to move on I didn't.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Originally posted by: NateD
You gotta play crash in that world event mode or whatever its called, in order to unlock more levels. I had the same problem. I kept playing that one level over and over, not sure why they don't make it more clear.

There we go :) Thank you so much. I'll start up the world tour later. What a kick ass game though.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
When doing world tour crashes, on many of them you can break 1 million. My top so far is around 1.6 million.

This game is Tons O Fun.... except for the damn hot lap races in world mode, its hard as crap to get gold in those. I just love road rage.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Sluggo
When doing world tour crashes, on many of them you can break 1 million. My top so far is around 1.6 million.

This game is Tons O Fun.... except for the damn hot lap races in world mode, its hard as crap to get gold in those. I just love road rage.

Yeah. I've only played the game for an hour but I already realize how much fun I'm gonna have with it.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: NakaNaka

Yeah. I've only played the game for an hour but I already realize how much fun I'm gonna have with it.

Ugh. Just wait until you get to the Burning Lap tracks. Prepare to scream profanity in every language you know.

- M4H

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire

Ugh. Just wait until you get to the Burning Lap tracks. Prepare to scream profanity in every language you know.

- M4H

Yeah, burning laps, I was calling them hot laps. Absolutely aggravating.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000

- M4H

Fill me in?

dopcombo

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2000
Haha! Great game!!! Bought it last weekend, and my wife has been giving me grief ever since :p

Yes, burning lap is insane. One crash and you gotta start over.
Wow. Sluggo. 1.6million on crash level. That's pretty good. The x4 does wonders doesn't it :)

I'm thinking of getting Live because of this game, oh, and halo 2.
Why do I have to work? :)

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Loved the game but got caught up with Halo 2...

Best modes are Road Rage and Crash, with the Burning Laps coming in wayyy last. They dont seem to go along with the game's flow.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000

- M4H

Fill me in?

They are basically timed laps and you have to get a certain time to move on. Ideally this is a GREAT idea, but EA being EA, they make the game as frustrating as possible by timing oncoming and cross traffic to hit you on your path to gold. And when you're like me and you only play for golds, it gets REAL annoying, REAL fast.

On a similar note, NFSU2 is out and its AI is horrible. It will be the LAST EA game I buy. I despise them that much.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Rent

- M4H

Fill me in?

They are basically timed laps and you have to get a certain time to move on. Ideally this is a GREAT idea, but EA being EA, they make the game as frustrating as possible by timing oncoming and cross traffic to hit you on your path to gold. And when you're like me and you only play for golds, it gets REAL annoying, REAL fast.

On a similar note, NFSU2 is out and its AI is horrible. It will be the LAST EA game I buy. I despise them that much.

What do you get when you get golds compared to silvers?

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
It took me 3 or 4 days to run through the 100 crashes and get golds on them all. Most only took one try. Took me another 6-8 days to beat all the races, then 3-5 to get all the trophies and such. 15 days total to mastry.

Top crash:
$1.74M
Top number of takedowns in a road rage:
Longest lead:
41 seconds at the checkpoint before the finish line, it was longer when I finished but the game didn't say what it was.

Slvrtg277

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2004
Does anybody else grow frustrated with the elimination races in the Circuit Racer cars? Those are tougher than the Burning Lap races imo.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
The Indy/F1 cars take patience, and care rather than brute speed. Try not using any boost aside from take downs until the last 1/3rd of the race. The AI is quite rubberbandy and will let you catch up from stupidly far behind in most cases.

Slvrtg277

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
The Indy/F1 cars take patience, and care rather than brute speed. Try not using any boost aside from take downs until the last 1/3rd of the race. The AI is quite rubberbandy and will let you catch up from stupidly far behind in most cases.

You got the strategy dead-on. Of course, it works both ways. The AI will catch up with you the same way you catch up with them. Still one of the most fun games I've played in a while. I put it down for MGS3 though.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Races don't only unlock races of the same type. You have to do other things as well.

I love getting crashes of over 1million. Always aim for the 4x bonus thing. It rocks. Haven't played it online though but heard that was fun too.

Only thing I don't like is the one where you have to beat the time. I always seem to crash once too many and miss it by seconds.

SuperFreaky

Golden Member
Nov 1, 1999
Elimination laps are definately hard, but thats because they are 6 laps long!

My stragegy for the alot of those races is: Don't go burn while in 1st place, you will eventually wreck and get passed by the whole pack. One you take 1st just kind of drift along and be careful not to wreck until 2nd place pass you, then take him out. Repeat this until the final lap, get a take down on the remaining competitor, then let loose on the burners for the rest of the lap.

Has anyone else noticed it seems like you gain boost faster the worse your race standing is?

Slvrtg277

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2004
Originally posted by: SuperFreaky
Elimination laps are definately hard, but thats because they are 6 laps long!

My stragegy for the alot of those races is: Don't go burn while in 1st place, you will eventually wreck and get passed by the whole pack. One you take 1st just kind of drift along and be careful not to wreck until 2nd place pass you, then take him out. Repeat this until the final lap, get a take down on the remaining competitor, then let loose on the burners for the rest of the lap.

Has anyone else noticed it seems like you gain boost faster the worse your race standing is?

Yes, you definitely gain boost faster when you're behind. That's why there's no use in using boost if you're ahead. The pack will stay the same distance from you when you're in 1st whether you're using boost or not.