Burn in on LCD

sjvlad

Dec 7, 2005
I am the (mostly) happy owner of a Dell 2005FPW. I play a large amount of World of Warcraft (damn addicting games). I dont know how many of you play it, but there is an action bar at the bottom of the screen that has 30 of the most commonly used spells and actions. Recently after exiting the game or alt-tabbing out, I've noticed a residual ghosting on those buttons.

It's rather faint right now and is not too noticable unless it's a very light backround, but it stays for a while before not being noticable anymore.

Is there anything I can do to combat this? There's the obvious solutions of either playing less, or changing my GUI so they're not in the same postion. Is there anything else I can do, I'd really prefer to avoid having this burnt into my monitor, if that is still possible.

sjvlad

Dec 7, 2005
This may sound dumb, but would turning down the brightness on the monitor while turning it up in game work? Or does that just really cancle each other out?

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
just turn the LCD off for the amount of time it was on and the burn in should go away

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Yikes. Should we buy certain types of LCD monitors to avoid screen burn other than TFT-LCD?