Burisma, Hunter, Bribery, Crack cocaine, etc

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
WHAT?!

Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Was it “over” when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!
Hell No!
And it ain’t over now!
Because when the going gets tough.....
The tough get going !

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I agree with some that predict a Trump win. I HATE Trump but why play like an ostrich sticking one’s head in the sand? All I see on the news shows are Democrats trying to convince themselves that Trump will lose and Biden will win, and it’s pretty pathetic if you ask me. Just as with Hillary in 2016, Democrats expect Hispanics to vote Biden and for blacks to vote Biden and for women to vote Biden. I call that grasping for straws and wishful thinking. Unless there is some great silent majority out there all keyed up to vote for Biden, I don’t see it happening for Joe. I believe the deciding factor will be the incumbency of the presidency. As bad as Donald Trump may be, he does have incumbency on his side and I don’t believe that a majority of Americans feel or think that Trump will be the end of America. People thought that of GW Bush back in 2004 and we somehow survived a second term of GW Bush. In fact, for Trump supporters they believe Donald Trump will save America eventually with a vaccine, then another economic recovery, followed by getting even with China. A nice lead up into WWIII. I’m not going to fool myself, I don’t see Joe Biden pulling it off this time. It’s really really hard to win against incumbency, the last time was Bill Clinton vs Bush senior and before that Ronald Reagan vs jimmy Carter.

Reactions: gothuevos

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Unlike Trump, we have Biden's tax returns and they don't show this alleged profiting.

Trump says if the moderator doesn't bring it up, he will. lol.
If there was something illegal on a tax return, the IRS audits would have caught it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I agree with some that predict a Trump win. I HATE Trump but why play like an ostrich sticking one’s head in the sand? All I see on the news shows are Democrats trying to convince themselves that Trump will lose and Biden will win, and it’s pretty pathetic if you ask me. Just as with Hillary in 2016, Democrats expect Hispanics to vote Biden and for blacks to vote Biden and for women to vote Biden. I call that grasping for straws and wishful thinking. Unless there is some great silent majority out there all keyed up to vote for Biden, I don’t see it happening for Joe. I believe the deciding factor will be the incumbency of the presidency. As bad as Donald Trump may be, he does have incumbency on his side and I don’t believe that a majority of Americans feel or think that Trump will be the end of America. People thought that of GW Bush back in 2004 and we somehow survived a second term of GW Bush. In fact, for Trump supporters they believe Donald Trump will save America eventually with a vaccine, then another economic recovery, followed by getting even with China. A nice lead up into WWIII. I’m not going to fool myself, I don’t see Joe Biden pulling it off this time. It’s really really hard to win against incumbency, the last time was Bill Clinton vs Bush senior and before that Ronald Reagan vs jimmy Carter.
I'm black and the one question I have asked, why should I vote for a party that is actively taking away my voting rights via suppression, gerrymandering and eviscerating the Voting Rights Act?

Reactions: dawp

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

So...did you find your I Don't Know If Joe Can Do It thread becoming a bit too hopeful, and felt the need to come here to depress Biden supporters?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
So...did you find your I Don't Know If Joe Can Do It thread becoming a bit too hopeful, and felt the need to come here to depress Biden supporters?

More so an last minute effort to wake people up. I’m not seeing what I need to see in Joe Biden or in the Democrats. Either they assume that they will easily win or worse that they have given up. The polls are way too close and narrowing to assume anything.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
More so an last minute effort to wake people up. I’m not seeing what I need to see in Joe Biden or in the Democrats. Either they assume that they will easily win or worse that they have given up. The polls are way too close and narrowing to assume anything.

Are you doing ok? You seem more stressed than usual and you’ve been really pessimistic lately.

All you can do is vote, have you done that yet? If so, I recommend taking a break from politics for a bit because it’s only going to get more stressful and that’s not going to help you one bit.

Reactions: skyking

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

I started off pessimistic but have perked up a bit. Trump is _such_ a walking disaster that it seems hard for the Democrats to lose, despite their best efforts. Struck by how many interviews with voters in the media include people who voted for Trump (because they really disliked Hilary) but now say they will vote Biden (because they now really dislike Trump). I still expect some extended court-room shennanigans, though. Almost looking forward to the drama of that (plus I think the US political system needs massive reform, it's no longer fit-for-purpose).

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005

Pretty crazy article here that shows Hunter and Dad were taking bribes from Burisma. It validates a lot of what I have been saying all along about how Joe Biden is a lifelong corrupt politician. Didn't see this posted here surprisingly.

Also pretty sad how facebook and twitter is trying to cover this up.
Trump 2020 BTW
Try this one straw grabber.

Mar 11, 2004
Most of the media is ignoring the emails found in Hunter Biden’s laptop, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t news. Joe Biden has an obligation to answer questions about his son’s influence-peddling and his own financial dealings—notably regarding China.

I agree. But Turmp, being the sitting President with his children acting as government officials doing all of that shit, should have to answer first. And by answer I mean face the exact same scrutiny right wingers want for Biden. And then Biden should be given a free pass for anything Turmp did unless they're willing to boot Turmp out for that alone. If not then they have no right to give a shit about such claims.

Mar 11, 2004

No, you're clearly having some personal issues. No one is assuming they will easily win. I've literally never encountered so many people going out of their way to ask about "hey are you registered to vote?" and asking about getting our ballots and other stuff, and its clearly not in support of Turmp either.

For fuck's sake, the NFL game on Fox had Troy Aikman and Joe Buck criticizing the waste of tax dollars for military flyover, with Aikman going so far as to say "you wouldn't see that with Biden-Harris".

All the hardcore right wingers I know have basically gone silent these days. Even they're not willing to talk about Turmp and I've had some quietly say they're not voting and making sure I plan to vote for Biden because they want to make sure they're not complicit in more Turmp.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Yeah, I mean, nothing is guaranteed, but the idea that the Dems aren't taking this election deadly seriously and trying very hard to win is so counterfactual that it makes it look like one has an ax to grind.

Reactions: Meghan54

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, I mean, nothing is guaranteed, but the idea that the Dems aren't taking this election deadly seriously and trying very hard to win is so counterfactual that it makes it look like one has an ax to grind.
According to some people on here Trump has been steadily gaining in the polls for the last four years despite never reaching 50%, haha.

Reactions: dawp

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
The Trump campaign must think the US electorate is pretty stupid to think they won't notice that these Biden stories revolve around the same two countries that Trump is known to have been doing dodgy deals in (Ukraine being the reason for his impeachment, China for the $15m he just pocketed).

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Only the fanatics and cultists believe his bullshit anymore. If Trump loses, over/under on if he starts his conspiracy theory about the election being rigged the night he loses, or in the morning? :D

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Only the fanatics and cultists believe his bullshit anymore. If Trump loses, over/under on if he starts his conspiracy theory about the election being rigged the night he loses, or in the morning? :D
What I’m looking forward to is the republicans suddenly becoming very interested in the president’s finances starting around mid-January 2021.