Bulletstorm Keeps Crashing on Exit! -Video Card Issue??-

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
I just got Bulletstorm a few days ago and after getting through the nightmare of setting up GFWL, I was able to play the game at max settings with some insane AA (8xAA) and sweet graphics!

The only issue is, on exit, the game keeps "crashing". What I mean is that I get a popup saying, "Bulletstorm has stopped working". Of course, this is only when I "Quit" the game so it doesn't interrupt my game but I would like to get to the bottom of this and find out what causes the game to crash on exit.

Here is the 'Problem Signature' in the details window of the error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ShippingPC-StormGame.exe
Application Version: 1.0.7111.0
Application Timestamp: 4d56cf43
Fault Module Name: ShippingPC-StormGame.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.7111.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d56cf43
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00a1704b

Can someone explain that gibberish in plain English? Is it a video card issue? I have a GTX-580 SuperClocked (@ 797MHz so NOT OC'd beyond factory OC).

Has anyone else experienced this annoying thing about Bulletstorm?

Oh, and I just want to say how ridiculously fun this game is as well. It's goofy, gory, and awesome! I just beat it tonight and will be playing it again soon.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Looked around a bit. Found same error reported to Microsoft when someone was using Excel. Seems it was caused by faulty printer drivers. I would say try reinstalling your cards drivers. Since the problem for this other person was caused by bad hardware drivers, maybe yours is too. I don't know what drivers you are running. Check to see if they are the latest. I believe there are some brand new beta drivers for the 580. Try them maybe. Or, if you have those, try rolling back to the last WHQL certified drivers.

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
Atleast your playing fine as long as you want, and only issue is when you hit exit game, you get a error log and a crash to windows :)

click okay button and done, right? its not impacting gameplay, and takes 2sec or so after to hit a okay button.

yeah its probably drivers, try reinstalling drivers for that 580.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Sounds like a driver issue.

I just beat the game its short.

Using a Radeon with 11.2 cats no issues.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Could be a Driver issue, but since you had issues with GFWL to begin with, I kinda think that might be the culprit. Might have to wait for a Game Patch.

SHAQ

Aug 5, 2002
Almost everyone has this including me. I believe it is GFWL failing to close correctly when the game is exited.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I had the issue the first time I played it last month. Haven't seen it since.