Builder type games with high degree of difficulty?

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I love city builders, farm builders, trains/transport builder games, etc. The one thing they always have in common is once you get your economy off the ground you become insanely rich and the game looses the fun factor.

It's a long shot, but can you guys recommend any of these type games that are harder to play?

Achilles97

May 10, 2000
Transport Fever 2 comes to mind. I didn't play it for too long but it did seem to have a long end game.

Reactions: paperfist

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Frostpunk is what you want.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

If you cant figure out how to be efficient, you will be occupied for thousands of years.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Transport Fever 2 comes to mind. I didn't play it for too long but it did seem to have a long end game.

hmm I've had my eye on that one for a while as it looks right up my alley. I'm not sure why I never pulled the trigger, but I'll have to check it out again.

Frostpunk is what you want.

I played that. It was an epic adventure, very frustrating, rewarding and a blast to play. Alas though once you got over the hump it was easy to play. I should check out the DLC for it, thanks!

If you cant figure out how to be efficient, you will be occupied for thousands of years.

Neat, looks like a pretty intense builder type of game. I'll definitely check that out!

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Dyson sphere project.

Surviving Mars.

RimWorld

Going Midevil:

Kenshi:

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
I only know Cities Skylines. No difficulty or it's too easy but that is not the point of this game it is creativity and you can play this game forever, the possibilities are endless. Played it when it came out but then stopped because it's too time consuming. Developers created a bunch of add-ons for it so i am sure the game is much more fun now. This is a much better game than SimCity series that EA killed it

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I only know Cities Skylines. No difficulty or it's too easy but that is not the point of this game it is creativity and you can play this game forever, the possibilities are endless. Played it when it came out but then stopped because it's too time consuming. Developers created a bunch of add-ons for it so i am sure the game is much more fun now. This is a much better game than SimCity series that EA killed it

I actually have that game, but haven't played it for a while. I just took a look at it and holy cow you're right there's a ton of new content!

I was also reading they are working on a new unknown project which could be a sequel.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
I actually have that game, but haven't played it for a while. I just took a look at it and holy cow you're right there's a ton of new content!

I was also reading they are working on a new unknown project which could be a sequel.

It's a fantastic game. The modding community completely changed the game for me.

I recommend getting the traffic manager mod then turning off traffic de-spawn, you're road network will either make or break your city, quite fun and challenging trying to find solutions.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
It's a fantastic game. The modding community completely changed the game for me.

I recommend getting the traffic manager mod then turning off traffic de-spawn, you're road network will either make or break your city, quite fun and challenging trying to find solutions.

There's a lot of content it looks like I need to buy :) They even have 'modders' content. I'll have to try it out with traffic manager, that was always the most difficult part of the game.