..............buffets are so bad............

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pooteh

Aug 12, 2002
Originally posted by: ObiDon
My pet tapeworm likes buffets. I should take him out sometime!
Preservatives are good, too. They ensure that my tapeworm and I will still look young when we die our early deaths.
Maybe we'll meet a new tapeworm friend at the buffet for my pal! ;)

well with a pet like that you must be thin:)

does he come out for a peek every so often? ;)

Peetoeng

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2000
Originally posted by: apoppin
Originally posted by: Pooteh
theres always fresh choice for healthy buffet. i hate preparing salad myself so i go there quite often:)

Do you really think they wash the lettuce? (or their hands?)
rolleye.gif

The salad dressings are LOADED with fat, salt and sugar.

Only sissy eats mostly-lettuce salad with dressing. Eat more nutrious vegetables: cabbage, brocolli, beets, spinach, cauliflower and no dressing sissy boy! I suppose you drink groundchucks instead of real beers.:p

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I have no use for buffet. I don't believe in killing, even in slaying vampires.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
todai, the sushi buffet. great stuff, and not expensive if you eat enough :)
the paris buffet is great, and i've heard the bellagio and the rio are incredible, too. i'll report back after this weekend :)
btw, fresh choice is gross. soup exchange is where it used to be at.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Spooner
Originally posted by: sward666
Will somebody please tell Amused and Fausto to STFU before they ruin it for the rest of us? Geez. Successful buffet dining demands that one not think about that kind of thing.
seriously.... what do you guys travel around wearing masks and rubber gloves?

Go take a food safety course. Buffets are just large petrie dishes that fester with the bacteria of every single slob that has shoved his hands into it, coughed into it, and slipped gawd knows what else into it. It's not that you're simply coming into contact with germs. That's not a big deal. It's that the germs are being cultured at an accelerated rate in a prime environment, and you're not only coming in contact with them, you're ingesting them. Not only that, but with specifically prepared food, you only have to worry about the cook and waiter. With buffets, you need to look around the room and realize that every fat, nasty slob with smokers cough that's been picking his nose and/or ass has had his hands in your food. And the kids... good gawd, just sit near a buffet one day and watch what kids do.

The last time I ever ate at a buffet (excluding the Paris in LV) I watched a mother change her baby's diaper, NOT wash her hands, and a few minutes later she went to the buffet to get more food.

I sh!t you not.

Unfortunately, she didn't.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Jimmy Buffet should be rode out on a rail and tar and feathered for "Cheeseburger in Paradise". I keep reading the obituraries hoping to see his name.