Budget graph

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: etech
Drift3r
Still does not show me why we need a DoHD ? In fact all it shows me is that we need to open up the political process up to allow for more then just the two old crusty parties. Both of which are 2 sides of the same old worthless up coin.

My understanding is the the DoHD is just a consolidation of many different agencies that already existed. The coordination and cooperation between them was not the best or efficient. The DoHD just brings them all under one agency to try and improve on that situation.

Yes that is the nicer way of saying it. In other words, yet another waste of tax payer money being used to get elitist in departments that are responsible with this nations security to play nice together. This of course would not be need if you start putting the these guys jobs on the line and demanded.....no expected that they behave like rational adults and work together. Why do we need a nanny department just to get the FBI, NSA, DoD, CIA and company to work together ? Answer is we don't but it just makes it look like we are doing something if we waste more of the tax payers money on useless departments.

I do not disagree that a viable third party would help.

Yup......If there was a Libertarian on the panel you would be seeing Rep's and Dem's ganging up to keep the Libertarian members from axing the DoHD/tax payer blackhole.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Drift3r

You haven't seen many turf wars in big business have you? Saying play nice and give all the information you have collected sounds nice and all but it just usually doesn't work that way.

I believe that in the long run it is more efficient to have them under one agency. There should be less duplication of effort and so forth.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: etech
Drift3r

You haven't seen many turf wars in big business have you? Saying play nice and give all the information you have collected sounds nice and all but it just usually doesn't work that way.

I believe that in the long run it is more efficient to have them under one agency. There should be less duplication of effort and so forth.

I have worked for the local government ( School District ) in my area. Sure while it is not the Fed level I do have an idea of what goes on and how government departments can act when there is no good leadership at the top. In fact one of the reasons why I am a Libertarian is because of the crap I saw going on and had to put up with in some cases. While there were some good people at lower levels doing their job as best they could there was always some a-hole up top who thought he/she was god with a unlimited expense account at the tax payer expense.

IMHO in-order to snap people out of this elitism culture you need to take a hard stance on those who do not play ball. If these guys can't cut it then they should be replaced ASAP. Bring down the hammer and make examples out of people who refuse to do what is required of them. This is what is needed and not hand holding. What makes you think that this culture of elitism won't rear it's ugly head towards the DOHD ? What will you do then ? Create another department so that DOHD and others get along ? That is not the answer ! Face it Dem's and Rep's are either scared, to lazy or to blind to do what was needed.