bucks and 76'ers

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
man I am sitting here watching the game watching allen iverson take the backyard shots that he usually does....and now they are not going in. The short time I watched so far, he has an airball, and two missed lay-ups....to be specific 0-9...that is MVP numbers...what a joke !!!

GO BUCKS !!!!!

EDIT...MAN HE IS STINKING IT UP 0 - 12 !!!

jjm

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Second quarter's done. How come you stopped talking about the game?

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
i am still here, the game is in the 3rd and iverson still looks like a punk to me....i don't care how many points he scores, no matter what he does, he still is a gansta cry baby ball hog !!! 20 shots in the first half....come on man some people don't get that for an entire game let alone almost one quater ????

allen IVERSON = BALL HOG !!!

me first everyone else after....must be an only child !!!

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
also is it me ??? or does tyrone hill look like a friggin MUMMY with that drawn in face ???

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
I don't see what you're talking about - you guys are hatin on him for no reason. He's tryin to work it in, and when he can't he's passing it. He knows he's not being very effective from the outside, so he's adjusting - and passing. One thing's for sure - the Sixers need to slow it down a little or they're gonna blow this lead - everyone's just trying to run it up...

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
you're an idiot

did you see game 7 vs. the Raptors?

He was cold so he started dishing off. 16 assists and the sixers win. That is why he is MVP (among other reasons)

<- starts the SCOREBOARD chant

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Mwilding,

I watched that game. He passed off because he couldn't shoot, not because he wanted to pass it off to be a team player. The Philadelphia Iversons will soon be manhandled by Milwaukee.

-GL

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
ya what GL says, there is a first time for everything. how about game 6 when he shot 4-26 or so....didn't see 16 assists then, not even 5 or more. face it man, all he is basically is about himself.....did anyone see him in the interview about the series.....what the hell was the towel around his head ???? if that is the answer I don't know what the hell the question is ???

he is a punk....you can take the kid out of the hood but you can n't take the hood out of the kid

he is a gansta punk....i don't think that he represents what the MVP in the NBA should be....i certainly don't respect him

i don't care for the lakers that much but I definalely respect shaq and all the things he does out side of the game, in reguards to donations and so forth....where is your darling iverson for those things ???

FRIGGIN NO WHERE BECAUSE LIKE I SAID BEFORE HE IS ALL ABOUT HIMSELF !!!!

DEAL WITH IT

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
For every bad game Iverson has, he has 40 good ones, so say what you will...

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
ya anybody can have a good game, that is n't the point i am getting at. I know allen iverson is one of the best in the league, I am not going to argue with you on that one !!! In my opinion he is not worthy of the MVP....anyone can score 30 points a game, what does he do to make his team better ??? the next guy closest to him averages 10 points a game ??? I don't respect him, that is the reason I don't like him, I don't think that he carries himself very well for being in the public spotlight as muc has he is

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
no i am not 12 and i you don't like it don't read the post. what point is it that seems to bother you so much ? what can you say in defense of him from what I have posted ??? if you have an opinion then post it

jjm

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you are looking for any athlete to be a role model, forget it. They are athletes. Period. They get paid to do their jobs. They are not role models and they certainly should never be considered heroes.

Role models and heroes actually contribute something meaningful to society by their actions and the fields they work in.

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Watch the aftergame press conference. All the other players will come dressed for the occasion in suits. Iverson will come with sunglasses, a towel, and thugwear;) Hehe that's not even why I hate him but damn he's pretty thuggish.

-GL

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
good point GL !!! hopefully he will be wearing his towel around his head again !!!

MVP BABY !!!

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
good point jim, i agree and please don't think that I am looking for him to be a role model, but please don't tell me that you have never seen how someone carries themself and not agree with there ways ???

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
Iverson passed the ball around the last coupla games cause his ass hurts. He fell on his tail bone and can't run as fast or jump as high. Thats why he hasn't been scoring as much, the poor guy is injured. All you guys saying how bad he is but he is still playing despite the pain.

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
freebee,

He has to play - he has no choice. It's like Antonio Davis for the Raptors. Iverson's the only reason the 76ers are where they are, and Antonio Davis was the only reason the Raptors were contenders in the playoffs because Vince was too timid.

Honestly, the only thing i have against Iverson is his damn whining, especially to get every foul and the fact that if any player as much as nudges him, it makes his 165lb frame go flying and thus he draws the foul. It gets extremely annoying. He also stoops to others levels. He complained about how Vince Carter was taunting the 76ers and then he goes out and does the exact same thing in Philly, twice!

-GL

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
You guys act as if he has no excellent traits.

1. Every game he is out there for over 40 minutes on the floor playing 100%. No one brings the same effort and intensity game in and game out.

2. He plays through intense injuries. If you followed him this season and the insane number of injuries he's played through, you'd respect the little guy for his heart.

3. He's a young man who's still growing up. No one can say he hasn't made great strides this season- becoming a team leader and professional. He credits his team and coach for his sucesses this season. Does he still have some maturing to do? Yes- but its an ongoinging process.

4. He is genuine. Yes he may have a background from the hood, but he doesn't pretend otherwise. He grew up in utter poverty and the fact that he's in the NBA doesn't take away from the fact that he grew up poor and ghetto. That's how he grew up and asking him to suddenly change who he is and pretend to be otherwise is far too conformist.

And he's currently playing in intense pain. Give the guy a break. Also after that horrendous start (0 for 12), he's shot over 50% in the next 3 quarters. Can't keep him down.

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Yes he may have a background from the hood, but he doesn't pretend otherwise >>

Dude a lot of NBA players come from the &quot;hood&quot; and they act respectably when the situation warrants it. It's not as if everybody that comes from the hood has to act a certain way.

-GL

cfredc

Jul 19, 2000
leeland: All i have to say is when the sixer win this conference, im going to flame yo a$$ so bad.