BSOD while installing graphics driver for Faulty Nvidia GTX 1050 on Dell XPS 9560 laptop

Ckshyloner

Oct 20, 2020
I have a Dell XPS 9560 that a purchased used a few months ago, and the laptop only works under Intel HD Graphics 630, because I have been unable to install the Nvidia graphics control panel, which is needed to switch from Intel HD Graphics to Nvidia Graphics.

When ever I have tried to install Nvidia graphics (automatically updated from the Nvidia website, or from the one recommended on the Dell website) , it causes a Blue Screen (known as the Blue Screen of Death), so I have disabled Nvidia Graphics, and just use the laptop under Intel HD Graphics 630, and have not had any issues using the laptop with Intel HD Graphics.

I am just wondering if this is probably a hardware problem / motherboard issue with the Nvidia card, and if that is the case, then why am I able to use this laptop at all under Intel HD Graphics, if the Hybrid graphics cards are on the same chip, or whatever it us called?

I have also tried to just uninstall the Faulty Nvidia graphics, so that I can just try to forget that it us there, but Windows keeps reinstalling it, which does not cause any issues, other then shoeing a Yellow triangle next to the Graphics card, in Device Manager.

If there is no fix for this issue, then us there any way that I can tell windows to leave that device uninstalled and invisible in Device Manager?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20201020_202012.jpg
    20201020_202012.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20201020_201942_HDR.jpg
    20201020_201942_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20201020_124954.jpg
    20201020_124954.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

balbogun

Sep 28, 2020
I have a Dell XPS 9560 that a purchased used a few months ago, and the laptop only works under Intel HD Graphics 630, because I have been unable to install the Nvidia graphics control panel, which is needed to switch from Intel HD Graphics to Nvidia Graphics.

When ever I have tried to install Nvidia graphics (automatically updated from the Nvidia website, or from the one recommended on the Dell website) , it causes a Blue Screen (known as the Blue Screen of Death), so I have disabled Nvidia Graphics, and just use the laptop under Intel HD Graphics 630, and have not had any issues using the laptop with Intel HD Graphics.

I am just wondering if this is probably a hardware problem / motherboard issue with the Nvidia card, and if that is the case, then why am I able to use this laptop at all under Intel HD Graphics, if the Hybrid graphics cards are on the same chip, or whatever it us called?
Try to install the drivers in safe mode.