Question BSoD at bootups and A really weird and challenging situation please help

Croc3LL

Nov 2, 2021
So i was just normally using my PC like any other day and Suddenly my PC freezes and i get a BSoD, i am like ok it needs Restart so i waited for it to restart then I get another BSoD at Bootup that Ntfs.sys file is missing from my Computer, i am like WHAT THE-, I pressed Enter to Retry because it was up and running just fine then i get another error that my ntoskernel.sys file is missing, at this point i am actually Panicking that Ayo tf is going on, then i got ipcic.sys file missing too then my PC Boots up to My Profile, everything looks fine then i try to login to my account and suddenly I get a Pop up that i can't sign in to my Account for some "Unknown" reason so i tried to make a new user account to see if my Account is Corrupted or not then suddenly again the same thing happens with the "0xc000021a" BSoD then i tried literally everything to see if i can recover this thing but nothing happened, my C Drive didn't had any important Files so i was confident enough to reinstall the windows from a Bootable drive i had (Windows11) i used the PD and tried to get into the setup then i got another error "0x0000000f", "0x0000221" after hitting enter to try again i finally booted into the setup i disconnected my Important HDD and used the SSD(C Drive) formatted it completely windows setup made its Partitions and windows got reinstalled now the problem here is that now that i am trying to boot into my new and Clean installed Windows i am getting the same "ntfs.sys, ntoskernel.sys, etc" errors and i can't really log in to my PC, i don't think my SSD is dead because it's running fine and my PC is able to read it but i don't know what's actually happening with my PC right now so i need help.... (Side note: i have tried Bootrec, sfc, DISM, chkdsk, Reseating the RAM, Reinstalling my components and basically what an average IT guy would've done) what should I do i need help. (I am ready to format it again and reinstall windows if possible but please help me out)

Attachments

• 20220819_030831.jpg
    20220819_030831.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220819_030941.jpg
    20220819_030941.jpg
    807.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220819_030944.jpg
    20220819_030944.jpg
    742.5 KB · Views: 5

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Looks to me to be storage related, especially if you have already wiped the drive and done a reinstall. What is your hardware? I would start by checking SMART / running diagnostics on your boot drive. Also you could run memtest, in case it is a memory related issue, but I feel this is a bit less likely given the errors displayed.

Croc3LL

Nov 2, 2021
Looks to me to be storage related, especially if you have already wiped the drive and done a reinstall. What is your hardware? I would start by checking SMART / running diagnostics on your boot drive. Also you could run memtest, in case it is a memory related issue, but I feel this is a bit less likely given the errors displayed.
I can do that but THE WINDOWS SHOULD boot in order for me to do that, it's just showing the same error even after formatting that ntoskernel.sys is missing or corrupted i don't understand why is it showing an error that doesn't even exist because of the format

Croc3LL

Nov 2, 2021
Can you help me out in discord please i think i know what's wrong here

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Get to a command prompt (using windows setup media if need be) and run chkdsk /f /v /r on the boot drive. Post the results here assuming you'll need them interpreted.

If you can connect the SSD as an additional drive to another system, check the SMART stats on the drive (I normally download a zip of CrystalDiskInfo if you don't already have a program capable of reading the stats).

Again if you've connected the SSD to another system, you can run WIndows Event Viewer on that system, open saved log, browse the problem SSD to Windows\system32\winevt\logs\system.evtx, open that, and tell us what warnings/errors you're seeing lately there. If there's a load of ntfs/disk type errors, it's probably a drive issue or at least in that neck of the woods. Alternatively, if you can't mount the drive on another system, using Windows setup media and a command prompt, you could copy that file onto say a flash drive and read the file on another system much the same as having the SSD itself connected to that system.

If you have the facility to make a boot CD, stick memtest86 on it and give the problem system at least 4 passes with that.

How has the problematic system been leading up to this incident? Any squirrelly behaviour or abnormal slowness?

Last edited:

Croc3LL

Nov 2, 2021
Get to a command prompt (using windows setup media if need be) and run chkdsk /f /v /r on the boot drive. Post the results here assuming you'll need them interpreted.

If you can connect the SSD as an additional drive to another system, check the SMART stats on the drive (I normally download a zip of CrystalDiskInfo if you don't already have a program capable of reading the stats).

Again if you've connected the SSD to another system, you can run WIndows Event Viewer on that system, open saved log, browse the problem SSD to Windows\system32\winevt\logs\system.evtx, open that, and tell us what warnings/errors you're seeing lately there. If there's a load of ntfs/disk type errors, it's probably a drive issue or at least in that neck of the woods. Alternatively, if you can't mount the drive on another system, using Windows setup media and a command prompt, you could copy that file onto say a flash drive and read the file on another system much the same as having the SSD itself connected to that system.

If you have the facility to make a boot CD, stick memtest86 on it and give the problem system at least 4 passes with that.

How has the problematic system been leading up to this incident? Any squirrelly behaviour or abnormal slowness?
1 abnormal Behaviour is that i did actually managed to get to the windows and as soon as I rebooted it showed the same error when I checked the Drives i found out that somehow i have 2 Microsoft Reserved Storages on both HDD and SSD which is probably causing the issue

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Hmm, that could possibly complicate things. What is your hardware and are you trying to boot in legacy mode or UEFI mode? Also, what media did you use to reinstall Windows from?

Croc3LL

Nov 2, 2021
Hmm, that could possibly complicate things. What is your hardware and are you trying to boot in legacy mode or UEFI mode? Also, what media did you use to reinstall Windows from?
My Specifications are Ryzen 7 3700x, 64GB RAM, X570 MoBo and RTX 3080. I was trying to boot in legacy mode and i used a Bootable Drive to reinstall windows

Croc3LL

Nov 2, 2021
So i was just normally using my PC like any other day and Suddenly my PC freezes and i get a BSoD, i am like ok it needs Restart so i waited for it to restart then I get another BSoD at Bootup that Ntfs.sys file is missing from my Computer, i am like WHAT THE-, I pressed Enter to Retry because it was up and running just fine then i get another error that my ntoskernel.sys file is missing, at this point i am actually Panicking that Ayo tf is going on, then i got ipcic.sys file missing too then my PC Boots up to My Profile, everything looks fine then i try to login to my account and suddenly I get a Pop up that i can't sign in to my Account for some "Unknown" reason so i tried to make a new user account to see if my Account is Corrupted or not then suddenly again the same thing happens with the "0xc000021a" BSoD then i tried literally everything to see if i can recover this thing but nothing happened, my C Drive didn't had any important Files so i was confident enough to reinstall the windows from a Bootable drive i had (Windows11) i used the PD and tried to get into the setup then i got another error "0x0000000f", "0x0000221" after hitting enter to try again i finally booted into the setup i disconnected my Important HDD and used the SSD(C Drive) formatted it completely windows setup made its Partitions and windows got reinstalled now the problem here is that now that i am trying to boot into my new and Clean installed Windows i am getting the same "ntfs.sys, ntoskernel.sys, etc" errors and i can't really log in to my PC, i don't think my SSD is dead because it's running fine and my PC is able to read it but i don't know what's actually happening with my PC right now so i need help.... (Side note: i have tried Bootrec, sfc, DISM, chkdsk, Reseating the RAM, Reinstalling my components and basically what an average IT guy would've done) what should I do i need help. (I am ready to format it again and reinstall windows if possible but please help me out)
Update: At first i was able to Boot into the Reinstalled Windows but As soon as I Restarted my PC now i cannot even Go to my Bootable Drive because it's stuck in an endless loop with the error "0xc000021a" and when i normally Boot into my windows i get the Errors that all of my Windows Drivers are gone and BCD is Missing which is "0x0000098" and Etc BSoDs, it's completely Inoperable at this point and i am starting to feel like it's my SSD that is somehow Infected by a virus but I don't understand how it is possible when i completely formatted it again and again to reinstall windows

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Sounds like a hardware issue, if you can boot sometimes, but get errors and BSODs on reboot. As mentioned, you should start with memtest, given you have 64GB of RAM. Also, could test the SMART of your boot drive. What drive is it?

Reactions: mikeymikec