Brutuskend's tip of the day.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
Originally posted by: irishScott
Would this work on my iPod?

If it's plastic, YEA! Cell phone screens, CDs, DVDs, ... anything made out of plastic and it's also the best metal polish I have ever used, and I used a LOT of metal polish while in the Marines. ;)

Better than Brasso? :Q

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
i don't know... cell phone screens??? with metal polish? is this really a joke? i sort of bought the hard plastic part... but those are relatively thin plastic.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hmm. This gives me an idea.

brb......

Edit: I have some Meguire's All Metal Polish around.. It works really well on metal, hadn't tried it on plastic. It's non-abrasive.. Seems that it could work well.

I tried some on my cell phone screen. It didn't seem to do anything.. Didn't hurt it, but didn't take the scratches out either. Maybe I didn't rub long enough, don't know.

Maybe I should try it with the dremel..

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: sniperruff
i don't know... cell phone screens??? with metal polish? is this really a joke? i sort of bought the hard plastic part... but those are relatively thin plastic.

Semichrome polish is completely non-abrasive. It's a very smooth paste.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Lurknomore
Novus plastic clean and shine #2 is pretty good too.

I've got the three bottle kit (#1 - course, #2 - medium, and plastic cleaner / glaze) I love the stuff. We used #2 and cleaner on the plastic signs & stuff in our trade show booth.

I recover CDs/DVD with it, polish my reading glasses (cheap plastic), pretty much anything plastic; it's all very good.

FWIW

Scott