Brothers in Arms

powerMarkymark

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2002
The omission of any kind of targeting reticule in this game probably adds realism but really takes some getting used to.

No prone position................WTH?

Marc

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Iron sights gives you targetting.
No crosshair != no targetting.
And I think you can add a crosshair if you change some of the game options.

No prone = sin.
It's possible to add prone to the Unreal engine, so they obviously either couldn't be bothered (to add it/bug fix it/whatever), or didn't think it would add to the gameplay (in a supposedly realistic game....)

(Oh, and there are other threads on this game....)

bootymac

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2001
I still havn't figured out how to control my squad. Methinks I should do the tutorial

bootymac

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2001
God I'm starting to hate this game. It autosaves when I'm nearly dead, and I end up dying. Then I wait 5 minutes for the load, only to die again.

*sigh*

Abhoth

Nov 13, 2002
Five minutes! Best build a new machine... have found the load times to be quite fine. Better than some games I've had! The squad thing really does take some getting used to... controlling things properly and attacking an enemy position correctly are key. But quite easy to control the sqad really... although, I found it funny the time was trying to tell my fire team to fire on a position. While doing so hit fire by mistake also, so they all rushed the German machine gun and were mowed down... oh shit! Damn, can't just play Q3 style here!!!!

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: bootymac
God I'm starting to hate this game. It autosaves when I'm nearly dead, and I end up dying. Then I wait 5 minutes for the load, only to die again.

*sigh*

I agree. I'm running a gig of ram, a RAID 0 array, and a 3ghz processor. Mission loads take 5 minutes. It makes it very frustrating to play. I just got it yesterday, but the load times have already made me give up.