Brother is mad, brother is sad, brother is not glad

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Ok, today wasn't the greatest day for my brother since a couple of things went wrong but I tried my best for each. By the way, he's 10 and I'm 15.

Today, he started a week long half day art camp so he had to wake up at 6AM in the summer, not what he likes.

When he got home, he ate and relaxed for about 2 hours then we went to the Orthodontics doctor. I got my braces tightened while he got impressions for a retainer. The impressions didn't go smoothly for him and when they were doing the upper teeth, he threw up.

We returned 3 books at the library from a drop off box so he didn't have to get out of the car smelling bad on the way back and I went inside and picked up 2 books for him by volunteering, he, nor did my mom ask me to do it.

Around 4:30, we went swimming and then not more than an hour later we had to go. During that time, the water was too cold for me at first and I was tired at the moment so I wasn't in the pool for more than 10 minutes total. He was there all alone in the neighborhood pool and played with a football and some imagination stuff I don't remember that he made up. Later it started raining....

Since yesterday, I've started teaching him how to make a web page since I started at his age. I got him Microsoft Frontpage to use since I wanted to start him off on something more basic than Dreamweaver. Today, was another 'lesson' day and I told him that I want him to make a webpage about himself, what he likes, his favorite things, hobbies, and more stuff about himself. I plan on then showing him how to put an image onto there, use FTP, etc. over the next day or two and then to show him how to make different pages for each thing likes hobbies and a list of favorite things like food, games, etc.

Today, he wanted me to teach him more stuff like yesterday (which was the basics). I told him there really wasn't more than that since he should now start making a web page since he was acting like he should know the entire encyclopedia only needing to know about 1 or 2 articles in it.

Then, the ATI TV card. That thing has been giving trouble for some time now and its getting really annoying. Each driver set gives some other problem. Basically, we're probably going to be ending up getting him the same TV card I have, the Winfast Leadtek 2000 XP Deluxe. Thats the only way I see to solve the problem because of ATI's crappy drivers. Please, don't flame me for hating their drivers, I still find problems with them even though all the video cards in my home are ATI branded ones except the integrated Intel ones on the two servers.

Sparknotes: Brother is mad because he had to get impressions at the ortho and threw up, he didn't get to swim very long or with me, he wants to go too fast in learning about web pages by not doing the simple steps first, and his TV card is giving troubles even after uninstalling, formating, the whole 9 yards.

What should I do?

Oh yeah, just about 30 minutes ago, he was crying and he was really mad, not like before. He screamed a little at me, which was kind of shocking and he slapped me on the arm, which didn't hurt physically but he meant it this time not in a childs fight way but more of a mad way.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Time to beat his ass, little sh!t!!!!!

j/k :p Just let him get over his hissy-fit ;)

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
You 10 year old brother needs a beatin' IMO :)

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
that's cool that you do things with your younger brother and teach him stuff. it isn't that common.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: bootymac
He's 10. Tell him to stop being such a panzy and take it like a man! ;)

Well, I did tell him that he shouldn't cry over swimming or the orthodontics because its over now. Also, with the swimming, I'm already taking him everyday to the nieghborhood pool starting today till school starts... *sigh*

If you're wondering, I'm doing that for some stuff including an aquarium, some paint so I can make my optical drives match with the case, etc. Yeah... I don't get allowance or anything and so if its usefull they usually get it for me until my big mouth opens up tyring to get more than what they agreed for and giving the idea that since I'll take him for swimming, for every week or something I get something... Sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut completely because they tie other things into those kinds of deals to... *sigh*

falias

Golden Member
May 13, 2001
Looks like you're making him your protege, good to start at a young age but in the current state he's in the best thing to do would be to just leave him alone.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
Originally posted by: bootymac
He's 10. Tell him to stop being such a panzy and take it like a man! ;)

Well, I did tell him that he shouldn't cry over swimming or the orthodontics because its over now. Also, with the swimming, I'm already taking him everyday to the nieghborhood pool starting today till school starts... *sigh*

If you're wondering, I'm doing that for some stuff including an aquarium, some paint so I can make my optical drives match with the case, etc. Yeah... I don't get allowance or anything and so if its usefull they usually get it for me until my big mouth opens up tyring to get more than what they agreed for and giving the idea that since I'll take him for swimming, for every week or something I get something... Sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut completely because they tie other things into those kinds of deals to... *sigh*

Oh, and I know someone will tell me to get a job so heres my response, hehe:

This summer I was going to work, or atleast get some experience, at Rolls Royce. Sadly, I took Etymology which was 250 words every night and 2 tests each day followed by copying all the words and definitions which was a pain in the arse. So that was half of my summer, in the other half, we first had a cruise for a week long planned and we had some relatives over before that and now we're probably going to be going on another vacation, but smaller than a cruise this time.

Next summer, trip to India and summer school other half *possibly*

Summer before senior year, nothing planned yet so hopefully I'll get a job at some nearby Web design or server management company. Otherwise, I'll go to a computer store or someplace to work.

And if you're wondering why the summer school, my grades aren't bad, but I want to take those classes so that senior year I can leave every other day one period early since we have block scheduling. On top of that, if I do summer school before senior year for the whole summer, I can leave the whole school year every day a period early. Thats like half days everyday then for me except with lunch which I enjoy.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: falias
Looks like you're making him your protege, good to start at a young age but in the current state he's in the best thing to do would be to just leave him alone.

Well, hes been wanting to do this stuff on his own for some time now. I actually tell him to find his own route and do it when its time for him but my dad tells me to teach him now...

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein
You 10 year old brother needs a beatin' IMO :)
:beer::D

Just for having a bad day? Doh!

I couldn't do that to him... especially since if he cries, I'm in trouble...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I have to be really careful since I'll be getting my license in about 6 months and I don't want to give my parents any reason to not let me drive to places right when I get it...

SammyBoy

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
Thank you so much for sharing that with us. Here's a knuckle sandwitch.

OH MY GOD, i HAD A MODERATELY BAD DAY, OH THE HUMANITY.

Suck it trebek...suck it long, and suck it hard.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: SammyBoy
Thank you so much for sharing that with us. Here's a knuckle sandwitch.

OH MY GOD, i HAD A MODERATELY BAD DAY, OH THE HUMANITY.

Suck it trebek...suck it long, and suck it hard.

Hes 10... keep that in mind