Brony@Home would like to formally challenge Team AnandTech

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Mjolnir is nearing completion on two 9414 tasks, within 1% of each other, and a 21,000k point difference between them. Most interesting (ie: totally has me baffled [doesn't take much]; I'm accepting it; and moving on. :D )

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
@Markfw put this into your signature (you will need to click on the wrench on the far right to enter BBC mode (probably):

Woohoo, pictures in the signature! edit 2: or maybe not, mine's not showing

sigimage.php

edit: that was not supposed to show the image, but the text, so I guess you don't need to do the BBC thing. :) Here is the text:

Code:
[IMG]https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=93494&c1=FFFFFF&c2=000000&c3=000000&c4=0000CC&c5=FFFFFF[/IMG]

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
Looks like its not working either.. But in a post it works.

sigimage.php

Pokey

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 1999
Thanks Pony for the link to the graph. I have bookmarked it and also registered on their forum so I could lurk about, although I wasn't adventurous enough to get creative with the username. Thanks also for the answer to the riddle. They really don't want any trolls or spammers on their forum.

We are a week away. petrusbroder where are you??

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
WOW, F@H srvers have been down for 2 days. I hope they come up before we start the race

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
........Once the Sun sets, I'll try getting the GPU to work again on Linux, for my AMD setup, see if that makes a difference, then go back to Windows and toss in another 2 1080s to see if that has any negative effect on that system, strains the BUS, etc.

Uhm....forget about going back to Windows. The first few tasks under Linux Mint Cinammon 18.2, Nvidia driver 378 (oldest from the list), and the ppd was higher than similar tasks I'd seen run on the same system with Windows, avg of 80k ppd higher. Impressive, right?

Well, finally I have caught a 9415 task being processed, and have been watching for more than an hour now. As a refresher, the 9415 task is the one I personally have the most (mental) data collected for, and under Windows on this system, I lost 10k ppd, moving the 1080 from my E5-2695v3 system, and was seeing 650k ppd.

another edit in a few minutes....

......and I watched that task to the very end, and another 9415 started right behind it which I will have to keep an eye on, but, are you ready for this? 826k ppd on Linux, up from 650k on Windows, and the 2nd task is also estimating the same ppd!!!! The lowest estimate I saw while the first task was running was 809k.

....another edit, half way through the 2nd 9415 task and the ppd estimate is 'only' 806k, but still far in excess of a 20% improvement over Windows. I have to get out of the house now, so last edit.

Last edited:
Reactions: StefanR5R

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
A quick refresher course, on the best way to track F@H progress: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=

From there you can click and click to dive deeper into the stats. Some of the clicks will be to the left, in a panel/box. For example, from the link above you may wish to click Team Anandtech (21st, soon to be 20th), and that will give you a summary of the team, but on the left you will find "Team Users List" where you can search for your name, or others, etc. Lots more to click on from there though. Mark is always fun to click on. :)

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I'm so terrible at Linux, I delve into it once in a while, hit a roadblock somewhere (usually trying to get a Windows-only app to run) then give up. When I try again, it's like I have forgotten everything. Maybe this time I should keep a notebook handy.