broken terminal tab

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
I have a broken plastic terminal tab on my klipsch subwoofer. It is one these in style:

pm-21w-sub-back-panel_635042239523620000_medium.jpg

I am able to sort of put part of the plastic piece back in but it doesn't put much pressure on the speaker wire.

Where on earth can I find a replacement...or is it even possible to put a new one in?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
which one? the speaker wire terminal? easy to replace. preamp one is more work.

razel

Platinum Member
May 14, 2002
I guess it depends on how it was built, but if you meant that black push down plastic for your thumb, that isn't what's putting pressure to keep your wire into place. Regardless though it does sound like perhaps even parts of the plastic piece inside may have broken if there isn't much pressure at all.

Definitely easy to replace as sdifox mentioned. Check out partsexpress. I would replace it with regular binding posts insider of the spring clips. However I would just keep using it as is and duct tape the speaker wire in place. You probably could even friction hold it in place using toothpicks. Best of luck.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Sorry, yes it is the black/red plastic speaker wire terminals.

take out the whole amp by undoing the eight screws on the white border. then look at the terminal section, you may have to undo another cover before you can get to the terminals.

then undo the two screws besides the speakerwire terminals and the whole block should be unmounted now, you can then replace the block.