British Parliament: Donald Trump should delete Twitter and be banned from UK

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
This is simply astounding. Never, in the history of the US has a president been held in such low regard (well, maybe since Washington)

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...r-and-be-banned-from-uk-mps-say-a3706201.html

Conservative MP Peter Bone asked Ms Rudd: "Wouldn't the world be a better place if the Prime Minister could persuade the President of the United States to delete his Twitter account?"

Mr Flynn, Labour Newport West MP, later said of Mr Trump: "He has disgraced himself again and again, and he worries us because his impulsive finger is on the nuclear button.

"If he's allowed to come to this country now, he should be treated as anyone else who breaks the law, and charged with inciting racial hatred.

"The Government should withdraw the invitation."

Fellow Labour MP Naz Shah (Bradford West) said Theresa May as home secretary had "banned people from entering this country, individuals who had promoted organisations peddling the hate-filled ideology of fascism".

She added: "Not only has the commander in tweet done this, he has defended it, publicly chastising the British Prime Minister for her comments.

"Putting aside the question of a state visit, should he even be allowed to enter our country, because unprecedented actions require unprecedented responses?"

Mr Doughty said in his opening address that the President's planned state visit to the UK should not go ahead.

He said: "We have the president of the United States sharing - with millions of followers - inflammatory and divisive content...originally shared by a convicted criminal, who represents a vile and fascist organisation.

"In sharing it, Trump has proven himself to be either racist, incompetent, unthinking or all three."

Labour's Diane Abbott took the floor shortly after, condemning the president's tweets as "offensive to all decent British people."

She continued: "Whilst on this side of the house, we appreciate the importance of realpolitik, we would also call on the Government to make clear that it gives no support whatsoever to the distasteful views of the 45th president on race, immigration and Muslim communities internationally.

"To do anything else would be a front to voters on all sides in this country."

Dennis Skinner, MP for Bolsover, called Mr Trump a "fascist president" and criticised the Government's alleged inaction, saying: "words are not enough".

He said: "Given what we already known about this fascist president, words are not enough. Action is needed: cancel the state visit."

Chris Bryant, a former Labour Cabinet minister under Tony Blair and MP for Rhondda, said: "[The President's actions] were deliberate and intentional.

"Even after he said he was wrong, the President stood by Britain First...You cannot stand up to this kind of action - horrible racism - or pretend to do so and then invite the man in through the front door.

"The Prime Minister, while she was Home Secretary, said homophobes and racists will be arrested in this country.

"That's what should happen now and the Home Secretary knows it - just say it."

Steve Double, the Conservative MP for St Austell and Newquay, asked the Home Secretary if she "shared [his] view that, rather than making America great again, the President's actions actually reflect badly on his office and undermine the very principles the US was founded on?"

Yvette Cooper, Labour MP for Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford, said: "Our peoples have stood together against far-right extremism and Muslim extremism...

"But the President of the United States has just given Britain First a rocket boost in promoting hatred in our country.

"We cannot roll out a red carpet for the president to sow discord in our own communities... We know where the spread of extremism leads."

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
They're just posturing.
But the fact they've never postured with anyone before Trump says a lot all by itself.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
And who actually gives a shit what they think. I know that I don't.
And that's why you're a simple-minded fu*k. No seeing the big picture eh? Too complicated for you? Stay small man, it'll surely kick your ass. That you don't get it should make you feel utterly useless and thoroughly humiliated by your stunted soul and complete ignorance of a world view. You're heinous dude.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
And that's why you're a simple-minded fu*k. No seeing the big picture eh? Too complicated for you? Stay small man, it'll surely kick your ass. That you don't get it should make you feel utterly useless and thoroughly humiliated by your stunted soul and complete ignorance of a world view. You're heinous dude.

In his defense they are our closest Ally.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I see what you did there, pc. I'm thinking you left a paper sack full of dog poop on the doorstep of this thread, lit it on fire and are now standing across the street from it waiting for that sack to get stomped on, amirite? ;)

Reactions: pcgeek11

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
They'd have better success asking Twitter itself to delete his account.

As it is: this shows just how low international relations are getting when the UK, which is supposed to be one of the US' closest allies, is balking at Trump's sheer ignorance and hatred.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
those MPs are right. he does incite hatred and is likely to give racists here in the UK a boost. i'm all for cancelling his visit and banning him from the UK frankly. if he does get to come then protests might be quite interesting to watch but might become violent though.

with the young sjw's everywhere I can imagine bottles being thrown at the racist in tweet which would be a diplomatic concern.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
They'd have better success asking Twitter itself to delete his account.

As it is: this shows just how low international relations are getting when the UK, which is supposed to be one of the US' closest allies, is balking at Trump's sheer ignorance and hatred.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Twitter suspended his account...or better yet, banned him permanently?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I'm sure that the British will be devastated when they hear that.

And nobody gives a shit what you think either.

because you are a fucking idiot who agrees with david duke on this issue.

what exactly do you think that says about you?

What does this have with David Duke for heavens sake?

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
I hope he stays on twitter and keeps twatting his little hands off.

The embarrassment (and danger? eh) of having our leader spouting his childish crap is more than offset by the constant reminders he gives us that he's a malignant, possibly demented whackjob. Not to mention that he's done himself and his own party damage with his bleats. Keep on Trumpin', Trump.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I hope he stays on twitter and keeps twatting his little hands off.

The embarrassment (and danger? eh) of having our leader spouting his childish crap is more than offset by the constant reminders he gives us that he's a malignant, possibly demented whackjob. Not to mention that he's done himself and his own party damage with his bleats. Keep on Trumpin', Trump.
last fall, I said to my better half that we would be going down the rabbit hole, im curious how far it will go before we splat.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
The trouble is that Theresa May's government has to be one of the weakest in living memory. Her own position is so fragile that she couldn't stand up to Trump even if she wanted to (and I'm not sure she does, as she seems personally quite a weak character as well). And Brexit really undermines the UK's ability to say boo to a Trump.

It is a slight source of consolation that even most Tories are appalled by the guy, though. The Republicans are really quite something else, even by the standards of the mainstream European right. But there are Trumpians here, they are just mostly Farage-fans or BNPers. The mainstream right hasn't become so blurred with the far-right as seems to have happened in the US.