Brink...

Chess

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2001
Has anyone seen the commercials yet for it ?

I think it looks pretty decent....

Coming to PS3, X360

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Looks like a Team Fortress 2 ripoff that's trying very hard not to seem like that's what it is. I'm not counting it out completely but I'm very skeptical.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I have a feeling this is going to be one of those games that is decent to good but will ultimately fly under the radar.

Chess

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2001
I have a feeling this is going to be one of those games that is decent to good but will ultimately fly under the radar.

I was thinking the same.. I dont follow/read IGN anymore, but I may for this game... seems sorta interesting I will say that...

Who knows....

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
I've been keeping my eye on this one. Looks promising.

I'll have to wait for reviews or a demo before I buy though.

Chess

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2001
with commercials coming out, time to check demo date release

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
I've been playing this game over the last few days and I can't wait to see the forum discussions. I think it's going to be very divisive for a few reasons.

I'll say this, Brink is really <E M B A R G O ' D.>

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
I've had my eye on it since it was first announced. It looks promising, but I will wait and see what the reviews are like. I believe Machinima is doing a live stream tomorrow, so that may be a good opportunity to check it out.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Unless there's spectacular reviews from both users and critics I don't see myself getting this.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
I was interested in this but embargo until launch and the publisher removing all youtube videos from people that got it early..oh boy can't wait to see how bad the reviews must be. Guess I don't have a shooter to look forward to until probably Battlefield 3.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
I've been playing this game over the last few days and I can't wait to see the forum discussions. I think it's going to be very divisive for a few reasons.

I'll say this, Brink is really <E M B A R G O ' D.>

Embargo up.....tell us what you really think :)

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Well it just unlocked on Steam a few mins ago. So user opinions should start coming in in the next few hours at least. But yeah, I'm pretty skeptical atm due to the way Bethseda is keeping it covered up. The art style is just so god damn generic as well.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
Wow I am dissapoint. From the previews I saw it looked like this game was going to be similar to Borderlands in that it would be a full campaign with lots of different missions, and tons of different character customization options. Looks like more of a TF2 clone though.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
After playing the game for a few days I think the Brink experience boils down to this: If you enjoy Team Fortress 2 a lot--and love the idea of earning XP to unlock stuff--then this game is for you. I have to say if you're the type of gamer who's just into shooters (especially single-play campaigns) then I think the $60 purchase isn't really justified.

General Notes:

- Almost all the maps (8 in total) are well made, force traffic to flow effectively so players continue to run into one another and usually make sense directionally. Map layouts look like they have spots for every class to take advantage of, and they don't feel too big.

- The HUD is too busy for me--way too busy--even after watching the promotional UI video.

- There is so much constant radio chatter from the characters it actually makes it tough to keep up with what's going on with the rest of your team. Everyone automatically calls out when they see something or do something ("BUILDING TURRET!", "HEY THERE'S A BAD GUY OVER HERE!") and it eventually turned into a white noise for me.

- The graphics are fine, not as impressive as I hoped. Day 1 patch is suppose to make it prettier though.

- The sprint (auto-slide, auto-climb) button is exactly what you expect it to be--a button you press to do things for you so you do less work.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
Joystiq gave it a 2/5.
1Up gave it a D.
GamePro gave is 3.5/5
Destructoid gave it a 75
CVG gave it an 80

Sounds like a mediocre game you either like or hate and there are lots of Brink players that are upset at the low scores from reviewers.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I don't trust reviews, never have. Ultima Online received very negative reviews and that game was amazing.

American Gunner

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2010
I don't trust reviews, never have. Ultima Online received very negative reviews and that game was amazing.
I stopped listening after everyone slammed Too Human, and me and a friend put in well over 100 hours on it. Games are all subjective. It is a good idea to see what they are listing as the pros and cons, and decide it that is a deal breaker for you.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
I stopped listening after everyone slammed Too Human, and me and a friend put in well over 100 hours on it. Games are all subjective. It is a good idea to see what they are listing as the pros and cons, and decide it that is a deal breaker for you.

I only really pay attention to them to find out if anything is broken. Nothing ticks me off more than spending money on a game to find it unplayable.

The rest is subjective.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Reviews aren't too hot so no buy for me. I try to stick to one game a month so LA Noire will be it.

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com
Was interested in this. Sounds shit.

Art style reminded me of borderlands..... my friends and I didn't discover borderlands until about a year and a half after it came out.