Bridges, Bombs, or Blunder?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: LunarRay
Dari,
Your 8:42 pm post scares the begeebers out of me. I assume your read is accurate regarding So. America. I didn't realize that at all. I want back in my box where life is happy and worry free.

Moonbeam make the boogie men go away. I want my binky. Failing this, I want to Isolate because I don't see how we can go everwhere and eliminate those who would do us harm and do so with no concern for humanity. But, then that is terrorism, isn't it.

Francis Fukuyama was wrong, the fall of the soviet union was not the End of History. I think we are in for a more savage future, somethin unprecedented in human history. Someone once said that the future is here, it's just unevenly distributed. In the case of future conflicts, it is very true. If you want to see how future battles are fought, look no further than Israel. For decades, the Israelis have been on the frontline in the war against terror. When the arabs realized that they couldn't wage a traditional war, they decided to go asymmetrical war. The arabs have been fighting proxy wars against the jewish state for almost 30 years now, starting with the PLO. The big issue with asymmetrical warfare is that it is much more savaged because you have fanatical/religious members of fringe organizations on the frontline, with states holding the purse in the back. Neither has to claim collusion, so it is left to the defender to prove the connection. It is in this murky realm that international laws need serious reform.
Dari: are you sure you linked the right article? It's interesting, but I don't see what it has to do with your post or this thread.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: LunarRay
Dari,
Your 8:42 pm post scares the begeebers out of me. I assume your read is accurate regarding So. America. I didn't realize that at all. I want back in my box where life is happy and worry free.

Moonbeam make the boogie men go away. I want my binky. Failing this, I want to Isolate because I don't see how we can go everwhere and eliminate those who would do us harm and do so with no concern for humanity. But, then that is terrorism, isn't it.

Francis Fukuyama was wrong, the fall of the soviet union was not the End of History. I think we are in for a more savage future, somethin unprecedented in human history. Someone once said that the future is here, it's just unevenly distributed. In the case of future conflicts, it is very true. If you want to see how future battles are fought, look no further than Israel. For decades, the Israelis have been on the frontline in the war against terror. When the arabs realized that they couldn't wage a traditional war, they decided to go asymmetrical war. The arabs have been fighting proxy wars against the jewish state for almost 30 years now, starting with the PLO. The big issue with asymmetrical warfare is that it is much more savaged because you have fanatical/religious members of fringe organizations on the frontline, with states holding the purse in the back. Neither has to claim collusion, so it is left to the defender to prove the connection. It is in this murky realm that international laws need serious reform.
Dari: are you sure you linked the right article? It's interesting, but I don't see what it has to do with your post or this thread.

perhaps I didn't. But read up on the End of History, it's interesting to say the least. However, it's been revised several time.