Bridge collapses in Pittsburgh

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
how much ya want to bet this will being out the the conspiracy theory nuts since Biden was scheduled to speak there on infrastructure later today.

Last edited:

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
I drove over this one the day before it fell. Heavy rains washed out the footing. 1987 I dove over it many times a year. Amsterdam NY 1987.
OIP.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
So how long before Tucker Carlson says it was sabotaged to prove that Biden's infrastructure bill must be passed.

Or has he already?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The fact that the bridge was last inspected in September 2021 and was deemed sufficient should be a significant concern. There should be an investigation into how it passed inspection.
That just proves that Biden had it sabotaged.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
The fact that the bridge was last inspected in September 2021 and was deemed sufficient should be a significant concern. There should be an investigation into how it passed inspection.
From what I read the inspection found the surface and superstructure to be in poor conidtion with the substructure being acceptable. Maybe the issue is with how the structures are handled after they are found to be poor.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
how much ya want to bet this will being out the the conspiracy theory nuts since Biden was scheduled to speak there on infrastructure later today.

I drive that route when I'm trying to get around gridlock on 376.

Thank God I didn't do it this morning..

My car could've been down there , down at the bottom.

mpo

Jan 8, 2010
From what I read the inspection found the surface and superstructure to be in poor conidtion with the substructure being acceptable. Maybe the issue is with how the structures are handled after they are found to be poor.
Bridges are given a rating for the superstructure, deck, and substructure. The overall bridge condition is based on the condition of the worst element. If the deck and substructure are in good condition, but the substructure is poor, the bridge is poor overall.

Typically, bridges in good or fair condition have to be rated every other year (e.g., every 24 months). Bridges in poor condition have to be rated every year (e.g., every 12 months). In addition, they may be subject to load restrictions.

Reactions: Paratus

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Damn. Drove over this bridge many times while I lived there as a college student. Still visit the 'burgh on a near annual basis.