Bret Baier: FBI Sources Believe Clinton Indictment Likely

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I guess it good that FBI partisan dysfunction under Comey was brought to the public attention. Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

You realize that could go both ways right? There appear to be factions battling within the fbi, but we don't know who's in the right. There could be pro-Trump / anti-Hillary factions trying to leak damaging information, but it could also be that there is plenty of reason to go after Hillary but the pro-Hillary/anti-Trump faction won't allow it. On the outside looking in, we just don't know.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Fair and Balanced with Fox News is making outright false claims about something to get the gullible, brainwashed useful idiots hollerin' and spittle flecked everywhere, and then apologizing for lying in a 12 second segment at the end of a program.

Buh - buh - buh - LIBRUUUUL MEDIA!!

Who has ever accused Fox News of being part of the liberal media?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
You realize that could go both ways right? There appear to be factions battling within the fbi, but we don't know who's in the right. There could be pro-Trump / anti-Hillary factions trying to leak damaging information, but it could also be that there is plenty of reason to go after Hillary but the pro-Hillary/anti-Trump faction won't allow it. On the outside looking in, we just don't know.
Which is why we need a new director to stamp out partisans and leakers. I never said only pro-Trump ones.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Bret Baier. Accurate as ever and great at predicting the future. I'd love to go to vegas with him and gamble.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Sooo is anyone from Fox News going to get the Dan Rather treatment for this ridiculous story?

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014

It could be a bit more complicated than that:

Jake Tapper Verified account ‏@jaketapper
been hearing for weeks anecdotally about the CIA-FBI divide over this election.

Hmmmm. FBI is pro-Trump and the CIA is Pro-Hillary? With the way Trump has been humping everything Russian as if it's his wife, I can see that.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Who has ever accused Fox News of being part of the liberal media?

People who are active on "social media", who think that the Clintons are baby-eating Satanists and who want to "hang her". I see these people often. I DID indeed see people saying that Fox News has become "the liberal media" now, probably because they don't always share the extreme views (aka: lunacy) like Infowars. Mind you, we're dealing with people who call everyone not supporting Trump "traitors" and "enemies"... so of course these people think that FoxNews has gotten way too liberal.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
People who are active on "social media", who think that the Clintons are baby-eating Satanists and who want to "hang her". I see these people often. I DID indeed see people saying that Fox News has become "the liberal media" now, probably because they don't always share the extreme views (aka: lunacy) like Infowars. Mind you, we're dealing with people who call everyone not supporting Trump "traitors" and "enemies"... so of course these people think that FoxNews has gotten way too liberal.

It's sad & shameful how many seemingly sane Americans vote for Trump & declare "I'm with them!"

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It could be a bit more complicated than that:

Hmmmm. FBI is pro-Trump and the CIA is Pro-Hillary? With the way Trump has been humping everything Russian as if it's his wife, I can see that.

A huge part of the CIA's mission is shaping public opinion around the globe. That means information control & internal discipline. When they "leak" information, it's intentional, not the result of loose cannons going off. The FBI would do well to emulate that sort of culture in their own ranks.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
FBI is a circus now, with Comey the chief clown. He volunteered to make the Clinton email scandal into the FBI political meddling scandal. The Hillary haters overplayed their hand. Clinton investigations are now career suicide at the FBI. If you bring up Clinton up the FBI chain of command, you are going to be handled like an Ebola case because every career you touch is at risk.