Breonna Taylor - Charges Against Officers

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I've done a lot of "fact finding" on this case and I haven't seen the bolded parts of your post anywhere. In fact I've found mostly the opposite. Now, do I trust those sources 100%? No... But I have no clue where you got your info from...

There is no mention of it in any of the police reports. It is not mentioned on the warrant affidavit. No credible source that I could find ever mentioned any surveillance of Breonna Taylor's apartment. All of the mentions of surveillance are about the Elliot Avenue location, which is not Breonna Taylor's address, but another location that her ex-boyfriend frequented.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I've done a lot of "fact finding" on this case and I haven't seen the bolded parts of your post anywhere. In fact I've found mostly the opposite. Now, do I trust those sources 100%? No... But I have no clue where you got your info from...
I like how you scare quoted your own statement of "fact finding".

Carry on.

Reactions: Majes and skyking

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I agree with most of this. I would, however, point out, that paying Taylor's family a whopping $12 million settlement was an admission of liability and fault, even if the settlement papers technically say otherwise. Which brings me to my second point: that harm caused by negligence is ordinarily addressed civilly, less often addressed criminally. This is true even for the general public, much less police or other government officials.
Harm by negligence is often criminal. Vehicular homicide gets prosecuted all the time. There is a case right now involving the driver of a tesla self driving car, but again all the time Vehicular homicide gets prosecuted. Doctors get prosecuted as well for gross negligence. example a doctor was just sent to jail for doing dental procedures on a hover bike. There were other charges involved but part of his sentencing was for medical negligence .There was a neurosurgeon in texas a couple of years ago sent to jail for gross negligence in his surgeries that left patients with severe neurological complications. He basically had no regard for his patients , almost sociopathic levels of disregard. Usually criminality gets invokes depending on the severity of the harm. There is a nurse at Vanderbilt hospital who has a criminal trial underway because she accidentally gave a Patient the wrong medication and killed him. She overrode a safety measure that was in place but did so in an emergency situation. Many nurses would have done the same actually. Nonetheless she is on trial. Her case will probably go no where but nonetheless she is on trial currently I believe.

Last edited:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
It's not overstepping anything.
That’s just what I would expect the response to be from an organization like some police union. I figured I’d preempt it with my own reason why (I think) it doesn’t really matter.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
That’s just what I would expect the response to be from an organization like some police union. I figured I’d preempt it with my own reason why (I think) it doesn’t really matter.
I think it is appropriate considering the violations of civil rights. If the state and local government won't do it, the feds need to step in and make it happen.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think it is appropriate considering the violations of civil rights. If the state and local government won't do it, the feds need to step in and make it happen.
You do know who is in charge of DOJ, right? Ain't no way unless Biden becomes President.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Breona Taylor's case was just another in a long slew of BLM lies being told to the public with the media back it up.

Anyone wanting some details of the case just read what is on the TatumReport

If you don't mind watching videos. Watching Officer Tatum describe it in his videos is a good start.

Here are some others.

There are some long ones with far more of the interview videos and other evidence dumps. Suffice it to say, anyone that doesn't see that 12 million payout basically making sure "crime does pay" as a message should feel ashamed of themselves.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I mean, just reading the first 3 sentences of that linked piece tells you that it's complete bullshit. Come on, be better than this.

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
That is a very strange thing to say. Considering how many major cities are being torn apart by people being very very invested in the lies surrounding black people's deaths.

That is an even stranger segue. Nope. I stand by my post. Very, VERY invested.

Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That is a very strange thing to say. Considering how many major cities are being torn apart by people being very very invested in the lies surrounding black people's deaths.

It's not strange. It's a reasonable observation based on your posting history on AT forums, which in recent years, is almost exclusively tied to black people being killed stories. Pretty much, exclusively. What else should anyone think? Doesn't really matter what you think about yourself, that's true for all people. What people perceive of you is what you put out there. This is literally what you put out here. How do you not appreciate that?

and of course, it's always "lies." about black people being murdered, Very funny, that you deny this honest observation of your proclivities while proving its honesty in the very same sentence.

and lol at suggesting anyone read the "tatum report." ~10 minutes ago (response to that post up there^) was the first time I had heard of this thing. If you can't figure out that it is a garbage source after those first sentences in that...article, then you have serious fucking issues with critical thinking.

serious issues. No wonder no one takes you seriously. You are broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: jman19 and ivwshane

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I mean, just reading the first 3 sentences of that linked piece tells you that it's complete bullshit. Come on, be better than this.
That is an even stranger segue. Nope. I stand by my post. Very, VERY invested.

Reality simply doesn't exist for these people. I swear to god, if I ever get to a point where I'm so gullible that I stop believing observable reality I hope someone shoots me, I do not want to be this harmful to society ever.

Last edited:

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
It's not strange. It's a reasonable investigation based on your posting history on AT forums, which in recent years, is almost exclusively tied to black people being killed stories. Pretty much, exclusively. What else should anyone think? Doesn't really matter what you think about yourself, that's true for all people. What people perceive of you is what you put out there. This is literally what you put out here. How do you not appreciate that?

and of course, it's always "lies." about black people being murdered, Very funny, that you deny this honest observation of your proclivities while proving its honesty in the very same sentence.

and lol at suggesting anyone read the "tatum report." ~10 minutes ago (response to that post up there^) was the first time I had heard of this thing. If you can't figure out that it is a garbage source after those first sentences in that...article, then you have serious fucking issues with critical thinking.

serious issues. No wonder no one takes you seriously. You are broken.

I post on things I know about. As someone with a criminal justice degree I post in criminal posts. The recent ones on this forum have been about the high profile cases regarding deaths of black people since 2012. I also posted on the Flynn case and several others. If you think I am only focused on black people dying then you are sorely mistaken. I don't care to speak about wedge social issues on this forum because it doesn't matter. 2nd amendment issues are also threads I talk about a lot. Basically anything with logical and legal issues I talk about. The rest of the drivel on this board from either side doesn't interest me. Look at which threads I have started on P&N. Notice not one of them regards a black person dying? Not my fault the majority of people want to discuss cases regarding black peoples deaths. I just throw my two cents in regarding my expertise.

Also, I haven't posted shit about the Breona case until just now. Even in the previous threads. I just didn't have enough info about the case to weigh in one way or another. So unlike most people, when I don't have enough info to at least make a substantive post then I don't.

As for Tatum report. LOL. You do realize practically everything in that info released by that site was cited by the DA in regards to this case right? If you don't like Tatum oh well. Doesn't mean the info he released was wrong or invalid.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Breona Taylor's case was just another in a long slew of BLM lies being told to the public with the media back it up.

Anyone wanting some details of the case just read what is on the TatumReport

If you don't mind watching videos. Watching Officer Tatum describe it in his videos is a good start.

Here are some others.

There are some long ones with far more of the interview videos and other evidence dumps. Suffice it to say, anyone that doesn't see that 12 million payout basically making sure "crime does pay" as a message should feel ashamed of themselves.
White Supremacist pops in to defend the murder of black people.

Evidence?

Youtube clips from his favorite white supremacists.

Thanks for stopping by, white supremacist!

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
White Supremacist pops in to defend the murder of black people.

Evidence?

Youtube clips from his favorite white supremacists.

Thanks for stopping by, white supremacist!

Anti white racist stalking asshole only showing up to hurl insults at others in another tantrum fit on cue? Check.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
You calling me "anti white racist" because you're a hilariously obvious white supremacist is awesome!

Keep on keepin' on, white supremacist!

You are hilariously oblivious to facts and the real world. Go get your grand mother to buy you another fake riot vest so you can leave the basement you racist.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I post on things I know about. As someone with a criminal justice degree I post in criminal posts. The recent ones on this forum have been about the high profile cases regarding deaths of black people since 2012. I also posted on the Flynn case and several others. If you think I am only focused on black people dying then you are sorely mistaken. I don't care to speak about wedge social issues on this forum because it doesn't matter. 2nd amendment issues are also threads I talk about a lot. Basically anything with logical and legal issues I talk about. The rest of the drivel on this board from either side doesn't interest me. Look at which threads I have started on P&N. Notice not one of them regards a black person dying? Not my fault the majority of people want to discuss cases regarding black peoples deaths. I just throw my two cents in regarding my expertise.

Also, I haven't posted shit about the Breona case until just now. Even in the previous threads. I just didn't have enough info about the case to weigh in one way or another. So unlike most people, when I don't have enough info to at least make a substantive post then I don't.

As for Tatum report. LOL. You do realize practically everything in that info released by that site was cited by the DA in regards to this case right? If you don't like Tatum oh well. Doesn't mean the info he released was wrong or invalid.

as for the tatum report, it has nothing to do with the facts they may or not be reporting--if you get past the first 3 lines in that article and don't realize that this source is complete garbage--it is the most leading, bias-seeking type of language that I have read in years--then you have a problem with critical thinking.

whatever they are reporting ceases to matter--because they aren't reporting. This is what you are supposed to understand, and these are the basic things that you are supposed to pick up after a college education. Critical thinking is important. I notice that you frequently misuse statistics to make arguments that are rarely, if ever, supported by the numbers that you try to post. This all kind of makes sense, because you don't really strike anyone else as being the type of person that is interested in engaging in the facts and drawing conclusions from those facts (seeking to disprove what you believe, then failing to), but cherry picking nuggets of information that only support your pre-defined conclusions--this is actually plainly obvious to everyone that reads your posts with an open mind. It's not surprising that you don't see that--it rarely is. So don't be offended by this realization.

That's all I'm saying. These are important skills to have, and it seems they escaped you in ...whatever your requirements were to get that criminal justice degree.

I notice you said that you have a degree in this field. Is it something that you actually do, or something in that past that you've never been paid to do sense (hence, just not being around the field, at all). I don't knock people for having a degree in something, they've definitely exposed themselves to that field, one hopes, to a point that they actually earned that paper. And at least at that time, they are pretty knowledgeable. ...but it doesn't take much time to separate yourself from it, especially if you aren't actually working in it for a period of time. It's not nothing, but it can also be a misleading appeal that sort of exposes the intent in mentioning it...is all I'm saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: ivwshane

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
as for the tatum report, it has nothing to do with the facts they may or not be reporting--if you get past the first 3 lines in that article and don't realize that this source is complete garbage--it is the most leading, bias-seeking type of language that I have read in years--then you have a problem with critical thinking.

That's all I'm saying. These are important skills to have, and it seems they escaped you in ...whatever your requirements were to get that "criminal justice degree."

I notice you said that you have a degree in this field. Is it something that you actually do, or something in that past that you've never been paid to do sense (hence, just not being around the field, at all). I don't knock people for having a degree in something, they've definitely exposed themselves to that field, one hopes, to a point that they actually earned that paper. And at least at that time, they are pretty knowledgeable. ...but it doesn't take much time to separate yourself from it, especially if you aren't actually working in it for a period of time. It's not nothing, but it can also be a misleading appeal that sort of exposes the intent in mentioning it...is all I'm saying.

'
I am not talking about the opinions of the Tatum report. I am talking about the evidence dump. Literally lists all the police files, phone records, surveillance footage, and much more. Come to your own conclusions about the case with that evidence on hand. I was reference the EVIDENCE DUMP he posted, and not the opinions he puts out.

I have a degree in Comp Sci and Criminal Justice. Used the later for getting a DoJ job I had at one point. I literally only post in legal cases on the P&N forum. I used to post about the crap Bush was claiming for the wars back in the day. I used to argue with Doc Savage Fan on such things too. The legal cases these days mostly talked about, and mainly since 2012, have been cases where a black person was killed. The other recent cases are about Flynn, Stone, and Asange really. I think Flynn was screwed over, I could care less what happens to Stone really, and I am pissed what Trump did with Asange. But for the most part, legal cases outside those regarding deaths by black people aren't being talked about as much. Considering how much those cases are having on our society these days why wouldn't anyone be interested in those cases?

Reactions: OILFIELDTRASH

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You are hilariously obvious to facts and the real world. Go get your grand mother to buy you another fake riot vest so you can leave the basement you racist.
Keep posting your favorite white supremacist Youtube channels as evidence of whatever.

It doesn't stop you from being a hilariously transparent white supremacist!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Harm by negligence is often criminal. Vehicular homicide gets prosecuted all the time. There is a case right now involving the driver of a tesla self driving car, but again all the time Vehicular homicide gets prosecuted. Doctors get prosecuted as well for gross negligence. example a doctor was just sent to jail for doing dental procedures on a hover bike. There were other charges involved but part of his sentencing was for medical negligence .There was a neurosurgeon in texas a couple of years ago sent to jail for gross negligence in his surgeries that left patients with severe neurological complications. He basically had no regard for his patients , almost sociopathic levels of disregard. Usually criminality gets invokes depending on the severity of the harm. There is a nurse at Vanderbilt hospital who has a criminal trial underway because she accidentally gave a Patient the wrong medication and killed him. She overrode a safety measure that was in place but did so in an emergency situation. Many nurses would have done the same actually. Nonetheless she is on trial. Her case will probably go no where but nonetheless she is on trial currently I believe.
Conrad Murry went to prison for killing Michael Jackson