Breaking News: Huge Explosion Outside Baghdad Red Cross HQ

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Details sketchy... Lots of smoke.... Huge shockwave felt by reporters across Baghdad. Reports of secondary explosions immediately after the first explosion ... Coalition forces cordoning off scene ...

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i missed some "breaking news" thing on cnn but didn't see anything on the other channels

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
yup, blow up aid workers, a good way to get people to join your cause. they must be learning from the israelis

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix
yup, blow up aid workers, a good way to get people to join your cause. they must be learning from the israelis

This attack along with the other attacks, especially the one that drove out P.Wolf from his lair are all designed to show that no one is safe and that the U.S. has no control over the situation. I suspect that they are probably trying to scare off any would be countries who might be on the fence as to whether or not they are going to send troops over. Especially those who are only sending non-combatant personnel IMHO.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
oops, bbc says 10 dea d with another 8 more unconfirmed:p i heard 40 something though

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
It's only going to get worse people. We have no ability to fight this kind of war as of yet.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
It also appears that three US soldiers were killed over night and at least one in todays bombings. The enemy has definately decided to kick it up a notch, demonstrating our vulnerability, attempting to scare away international aid organizations who have no ability to defend themselves or operate under threats such as these, and kill collaborators with the US occupation forces (the police).

I really hope the Pentagon has some sort of new strategy in the works as the current one doesn't seem to be working.

Thier are no easy answers.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
refresh my memory: why did the US leave the Lebanon situation back in 1983 when it's barracks were bombed?

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
refresh my memory: why did the US leave the Lebanon situation back in 1983 when it's barracks were bombed?

We are not leaving. It is far too late for that.

nowareman

Banned
Jun 4, 2003
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
I didn't say we were, suj; i was just tryin' to recall WHY we left Lebanon.

If I remember correctly we left Lebanon after 243 Marines who were in Beirut as peacekeepers were murdered as they slept at their barracks because the Reagan administration was concerned about the political fallout. Instead of facing the situation Reagan decided to pull out and to cover his tracks he attacked the heavily fortified, extremely dangerous and threatening island of Grenada.

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
It also appears that three US soldiers were killed over night and at least one in todays bombings. The enemy has definately decided to kick it up a notch, demonstrating our vulnerability, attempting to scare away international aid organizations who have no ability to defend themselves or operate under threats such as these, and kill collaborators with the US occupation forces (the police).

I really hope the Pentagon has some sort of new strategy in the works as the current one doesn't seem to be working.

Thier are no easy answers.

The US can always bomb Syria
rolleye.gif