breadbording motherboard beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailink

Dec 20, 2016
So My computer was not working and after buying a new mother board, nothing happens still. So i decided to breadboard it with the cpu, cpu fans, 24 pin plug, ram stick, graphics card and I get 5 long beeps. then it resets and does it over agian. what does this mean??

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
You have several current cross-post threads on this same issue, and the most important one is:

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/return-at-microcenter.2495191/

So I went to micro center and bought a new moretherboard. After I got home I put on the computer. it wouldn't even turn on so I took the motherboard back out and noticed that 3 cpu pins were bent. I don't know If I did this or if the motherboard came like this. can I still return it? Does microcenter check to see if the things we return still works?. This sucks cuase I spent 100 on it.

You probably damaged your CPU.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I don't think it's the motherboard cause I bought a new one and it still doesn't work. ( with no bent pins)

Exactly. You bought a motherboard, installed it, and it didn't work. When you took it out, you noticed "3 cpu pins were bent". You also stated "I don't know If I did this or if the motherboard came like this".

You probably damaged your CPU. You only get bent pins if you installed it incorrectly, or did something to it while installing the CPU.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
You may not cross post identical topics across multiple forum.

You have one with multiple responses in OT so that one will stay open. Wait until people answer your questions.

All the others will be locked.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Status
Not open for further replies.