~~~~ Brag & Moan ~~~~

AnandTech Moderator

Staff member
Oct 12, 1999
Continued from the previous thread

---

This thread is for posting your off topic raves and rants, such as "X-company did this to me", and "Did you get?, I got mine".

Requests for deals on specific items should be posted in the ~~~~IWANNA~~~~ thread,

How-To questions in the ~~~~ How-Do-I? ~~~~ thread.

Thank you. Please enjoy yourselves here while lending a hand to your fellow forum members. :)

---

~~~~ Brag & Moan ~~~~ continued here.

dakels

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
In the past couple of weeks I went nuts on the Dell deals. Got 3 dimension 4550's. They are fantastic. My main 2.66ghz/DVD+RW/R9700 TX is loaded up with 1 gig hyper X DDR 3000 from newegg.com and (2) 80 GB 8mb WDSE, and audigy 2 plat card and dock. All is grooving along on that 250 watt PSU. The machine has been super stable and ultra fast.

I LOVE THE AT HOT DEALS! :D

BHeemsoth

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2002
I just got a cannon a40 camera for $159 from best buy with a free card reader since the usb cable was missing. This is my second camera hot deal in less then a week!

It comes close to my vivtar 3665 2mp camera w/ 3x optical zoom for $50.50 on clearnace at staples last week.

1luckymf

Golden Member
Nov 25, 1999
My Yard Sale Adventure......Heres what I got for $ 15.00

Update: Everything is working fine!!!!

Mid Tower Case/300W PSU
Asus A7V Raid Board
Athlon 1Ghz
Maxtor 60 gig HDD
Maxtor 15 gig HDD
GF2 MX 400
SB Live Value
HP 9100 CDRW 8x4x32
Toshiba 16X DVD Drive
ATI TV Wonder VE
128 PC 133 Micron
Floppy Drive
NIC
HP 12 Port Hub
And a box of various cables.

I'll never find a Deal like this again:D
Apparently the owner didnt know how to format the new 60gig HD he put in and deciced to junk it all:Q

dpid

Nov 20, 2001
$15 each, or $15 for all of these components?

Originally posted by: 1luckymf

Mid Tower Case/300W PSU
Asus A7V Raid Board
Athlon 1Ghz
Maxtor 60 gig HDD
Maxtor 15 gig HDD
GF2 MX 400
SB Live Value
HP 9100 CDRW 8x4x32
Toshiba 16X DVD Drive
ATI TV Tuner (not sure on the model #)
128 PC 133 Micron
Floppy Drive
NIC
HP 12 Port Hub

Apparently the owner didnt know how to format the new 60gig HD he put in and deciced to junk it all:Q

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: 1luckymf

Mid Tower Case/300W PSU
Asus A7V Raid Board
Athlon 1Ghz
Maxtor 60 gig HDD
Maxtor 15 gig HDD
GF2 MX 400
SB Live Value
HP 9100 CDRW 8x4x32
Toshiba 16X DVD Drive
ATI TV Tuner (not sure on the model #)
128 PC 133 Micron
Floppy Drive
NIC
HP 12 Port Hub

i hate you! :(;)

Frykun

Oct 5, 2002
Got the FAR 256MB DDR (K-Byte, 2100; ppl say possibly overclockable to 2700) at my local OfficeMax store.
Didn't get the FAR phone though :( ~waaaaa~

if someone lives close to the Mountain View store and has the phone, i'd trade the memory for it
come on, don't be shy
both are FAR, but memory is more expensive... bigger tax writeoff... or at least a nice system upgrade :p

P.S. 1luckymf, i'm green with envy >_<

AbusedFish

Apr 10, 2003
$15!!!! The 60GB harddrive alone is worth more. That's highway robbery!!
You held an OfficeDepot manager hostage didn't you?!

"There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling."

:(

YingYang

Nov 30, 2002
Sounds like the computer might be stolen. But then again if it was stolen, the seller would of ask for more than $15.

piplipton

Apr 15, 2003
WARNING i was ripped off by an eBay seller by the handle of:

pcambulance@marketplacemanager.com

I ordered a Linksys BEFW11S4 v2 Wireless Cable/DSL Router, it arrived with the built-in 4 ports working but not the wireless. It was NIB so i contacted the above company and returned it, per their instructions. no R.A. i was told to "just put it in a box" so i put it back in the box it came in and sent it out USPS. they claimed on the phone to never have received it but after filing a fraud report with eBay the following was their reply to my claim of a stolen router:

04/15/2003 11:41 AM - FROM: pcambulanc@marketplacemanager.com
--------------------------------------
As stated in the auction: there is a ten day warranty. When he responded to the problem with his product, it was over the ten day policy.

nowhere do they even bother to claim they didn't receive it. enough said.

BUYER BEWARE.

BigJimbo

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2002
~~~moan~~~

just found a receipt

WD 80 gig 2mb Harddrive ----279.99
256 PC133 84.99

whoa have the prices changed since almost 2 years ago 5/29/01

YingYang

Nov 30, 2002
~~~~~Brag~~~~~~~

My brother gave me a SCSI 35mm negative scanner that was given to him from his work. I plugged it into my parallel port and it didn't work. I then looked on a couple of websites that had this scanner and found out that I needed an adaptec SCSI card to make the scanner work. When I checked on e-bay for the SCSI card they had two of these SCSI cards being auctioned. One for $.01 and the other for $8.00. Naturally I placed a bid for the one for $.01. I was amazed that no one else placed a bid for the card and I won it for $.01. With shipping it came out to be $5.01 which I gladly paid.
After about a week the card arrived and I anxiously installed it on my computer. I was really disappointed when I first installed it that my computer didn't recognize the card. After reading the manual that it came with, I placed all the jumpers in the factory setting and I was jumping from joy when it recognized the SCSI card and the scanner.:camera

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
I just wanted to brag about how awesome NEWEGG is!!

I order something late monday night..just checked it and it will be delivered today!

2 days to get from Cali to Ohio... THATS AWESOME!

I ordered one of those MSI Metis 266 mini pc's... it will be a 1700+ tbred, 512mb crucial, Geforce4 MX440 half height card, 120GB WD 8mb hard drive, pioneer dvr-105 dvd burner,

its gonna rock!

~/brag

Kato

Oct 9, 1999
This is a BIG praise to US Enlight Corp. (people who makes the computer cases). I bought one of those refurb Enlight cases from NewEgg. When it came the case was missing the 3.5" drive cage and all the rails. This means you cannot mount any drive in the case. Since only option was to return the case I called Enlight customer service to see if they can get the missing parts for me. They got the missing parts for me, had them to me in two days, and charged me only $10 including shipping. Amazing customer service for a manufacturer/distributor. You can be sure I will be buying some more of their cases.

Growltiger

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
I bought some FAR software from Amazon back in January. My rebate never posted, so I called and they fixed it. Well, they must have done something extra because the rebate was posted twice on the website. I notified them of their error and they said they fixed. I guess not, because I ended up getting 2 checks for the one piece of software....I got paid $20 for taking the software off their hands!

HokieTT

Apr 17, 2003
Monday morning I happened to see that CNET's shopper.com had listed pcconnection as having the Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox 3 40GB version for $219 w/free shipping instead of its usual $399. I went ahead and purchased one immediately and printed out the receipt.

I looked about 6 hours later and they had not only fixed the price on their site, but they had marked my order as 'cancelled'. I thought about complaining but decided not to. That night, I happened to check again and the order was back to being processed again! There was one difference: I was now also being charged $9 for shipping, but this is no big deal compared to the savings I'm getting.

This morning, I checked the site and the product shipped yesterday and should be here today. However, it says they shipped *2*, but the bill shows only being charged for 1! And here's the biggest kicker of all: They have yet to charge my credit card for anything!

So that means there's a chance I'm going to get one of the following:

2 x $399 Nomad Jukeboxes for free
2 x $399 Nomad Jukeboxes for $228 total
2 x $399 Nomad Jukeboxes for $219 each + $9 shipping total
1 x $399 Nomad Jukebox for free
1 x $399 Nomad Jukebox for $228 total

In any case, not a bad deal at all! :D

SpocksBrain

Apr 16, 2003
Just got a *great* deal on a retail Maxtor L01P080 (80GB DiamondMax Plus 9, 7500RPM, 8MB cache ATA/133) @ Staples.

$109.94
-$30 MFR mail-in rebate

-$20 Staples gift card from use of Business Rewards card (my Dad's, actually) ;)

= $64.44 Total!

PLUS I just opened the box and found that I've been "upgraded" to a 3-year warranty...SWEEET!

Regards,

SB

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
just a quick brag...just started gettin my magazine subscriptions from that deal back in january (couldnt find the thread, it must have gone to archive heaven)....picked up 4 subscriptions for $15...not bad timing either...my subsciptions had just run out

machintos

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2003
What the hell is wrong with dell's website? I can't add anything to the cart... always giving me error message!!! They don't want my business or what??

Packy

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2001
brag: Mongoose 24" dual suspension bike with Shimano derailer/shifters, $7.04!

My wife and I went to Target last night just to clearance shop... when we went to the sports section, I noticed a nice lookign Mongoose dual suspension bike. When I looked at the orange sticker on it, it said "Originally $30.xx, now $7.04" on it!!! I found out why quite quickly. This is a boys 24" bike (which is fine for an adult) and I'm guessing their kid crashed the bike since the rims are both bent to hell and some of the paint is a little scratched. The closest thing I can find to it on the net is the Mongoose Inferno... this is a $180 bike! I figured even if I have to spring for new rims, it's a good project bike to work on :D

Kavikgold

Feb 22, 2003
just a note: Western Digital Rebates from March are coming in. check your mailboxes. I recieved mine for $40 on a 80 gig, there other rebates were $50 and $80 i believe.

rhacquer

Dec 9, 2002
Elsewhere in Hot Deals, someone referred to the clearance sales in Electronics at Target. Checked out the store in West Plano (TX) and just scored me a Palm M130 for $99.98 + tax! :D It rang up at $199 and I pointed out the clearance sale price tag, but the clerk noticed that it was effective only thru 21 Apr. Still, he was cool and went to page a supervisor. 10 minutes later, the super gets there and sez "Give it to him", then pulls the tag back off the shelf.

As Paul Simon said, "When something goes right, it's hard to believe it." ;)