Brady, Moss pull out of Pro Bowl.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: ja1484
Originally posted by: OdiN
Originally posted by: buck
They had a great year, tis a shame the NFL MVP couldnt show more class and show up.
I don't think Eli was picked to go...
I think you're confusing NFL MVP with SuperBowl MVP there champ...

Although frankly, Eli shouldn't have gotten the SuperBowl MVP either. That should've gone to the NYG defensive line because, Jesus Christ, feeding sharks anyone?
Sure, if the Giants D stopped the Patriots from scoring the second TD then I agree.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
Originally posted by: her209
They had a great year, tis a shame the NFL MVP couldnt show more class and show up.

Although frankly, Eli shouldn't have gotten the SuperBowl MVP either. That should've gone to the NYG defensive line because, Jesus Christ, feeding sharks anyone?
Sure, if the Giants D stopped the Patriots from scoring the second TD then I agree.

I have to think that if Strahan and Umenyiora hadn't been raging Brady in the face all night, New England would've put up a lot more than 14 points. Those sacks and hurries kept the score low (very low) enough for the Giants to keep up.

Call it another way if you want, but I say the NYG D-line won the game for them.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000

Jeez, I'm just fucking with him.

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: SpunkyJones
Originally posted by: akshatp
This is a new low... Pats fans care to comment?

Sure, Brady will blame the bum ankle or shoulder, but really, this is only because they lost yesterday...

Pathetic.

I'll comment and risk getting beat up. I'm surprised about Moss, but its been in the media in Boston for at least a week or two that Brady would most likely not be going to the pro bowl. I'm not sure if its injury related or not, or just tired from a long season, but it sounded like he wasn't going to Hawaii either way.
yep.

as for moss, i wouldn't go either. he's a free agent, why risk getting injured now?

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005

I have to think that if Strahan and Umenyiora hadn't been raging Brady in the face all night, New England would've put up a lot more than 14 points. Those sacks and hurries kept the score low (very low) enough for the Giants to keep up.

Call it another way if you want, but I say the NYG D-line won the game for them.

The award is MVP, not most valuable players.

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000

had it not been the NYG defensive linesmen, Tom Brady would be in the Pro-Bowl and Mexico screwing both Giselle and Jessica Simpson.

and Patriot's 2nd TD wasn't the linemen fault, it was the dude who slipped before Moss caught it.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
Originally posted by: yamadakun

The award is MVP, not most valuable players.

JustiMichOsi StraYoraTuck. Easy pick.

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
The coach was the same way last night during the after game interview in the locker room....what an ass...sore effin loser, no grace...nothing...could say nice things about Giants...just moping and acting like aprick

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
I recall reading that they had pulled out of the Pro Bowl at least a day before the Super Bowl. Fox just created drama where there was none.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
I wonder if their presence may be expected elsewhere, perhaps at a hearing with Sen. Spector...

Randy Moss I can see doing this. Tom Brady? Well that's just a shame.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
brady declines the pro bowl every year, i don't know why anyone is surprised. i guess you all choose to forget that for some reason.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I see the point that people are bringing up about "who gives a shit about the pro bowl".
On the flipside, if you are a fan that goes to all or most home games, you will see little kids voting for their favorite players on 20+ ballots. These same kids/fans are the ones wearing their pro bowl jersey and paying $$ to see them play live. I take pride in the Seahawks that go to the pro bowl. Most of them that are worth a fuck show up and give back to the fans. I do realize that this is entertainment, but this is a time to give back to the fans at the end of the season. Thats just my thoughts....

Rockinacoustic

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2006
Wow, talk about looking for something in nothing. Brady obviously isn't healthy, and Moss was also seen limping after the game. While they should honor their selections to the Pro-Bowl if healthy, why would they risk further injury?

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: hdeck
brady declines the pro bowl every year, i don't know why anyone is surprised. i guess you all choose to forget that for some reason.

Wrong, he has played in it.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
dude's got a bad ankle, he sacked up and played the entire game last night, give him a break. it's not like the pro bowl means anything.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Pro Bowl is retarded, way too injury prone. Football is too team oriented for a random collection of players to put up a good show, especially given the injury risk. I'd rather let the "Pro Bowl" be an honorary selection then have the whole weekend be a series of skills challenges. THose are much more interesting to watch in my opinion.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: SampSon
The probowl is the best way to get an unnecessary career threatening injury.

Has this ever happened?
Honestly, I don't know. I'm sure there have been injuries.
I think Drew Brees got hurt in a Pro Bowl. He busted up his elbow or something. Not a good thing for a QB.

Either way most players view it as an unnecessary risk. Which is why so many of thoes picked to go to the game, simply back out.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Mo0o
Pro Bowl is retarded, way too injury prone. Football is too team oriented for a random collection of players to put up a good show, especially given the injury risk. I'd rather let the "Pro Bowl" be an honorary selection then have the whole weekend be a series of skills challenges. THose are much more interesting to watch in my opinion.

slam dunk contest ftw.