Boy I get really angry with religious zealots!

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Religious zealots are so ignorant. Their God is the only God worth knowing/worshiping. Rev. Arnold Conrad at a McCain rally mentions in a prayer "God in your word you say you bring them up and down (from power)" (paraphrasing mind you). This idiot doesn't even know what "The Word of God" is. To him its an inanimate book. I really wanna strangle fools like this. Ignorance! Then to top it off he basically says that people who don't believe as they do (McCain supporters) will think their "God" won in some idiotic sense of stupidity. Anyways, here's the video of what I am ranting about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g0d3_KE5js

ICRS

Banned
Apr 20, 2008
People who believe in God are only deluding them self. Some of these people zeolots suffer from the worst form of delusion.

Hugh H

Jul 11, 2008
Religious zealots are the worst kind of people to have a rational, fact-filled discussion with.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Originally posted by: Hugh H
Religious zealots are the worst kind of people to have a rational, fact-filled discussion with.

Right, and if someone religious came into the discussion they'd just be called "delusional" or ignored as some hillbilly rednecks. Do you people even think before you post? Because you sound more retarded than Rev. Arnold Conrad.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Never talked with a communist eh?

Zealots on both sides of the aisle are plain crazy.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000

Next to impossible IMHO.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Genx87

Communism isn't a religion buddy. This is about religious zealots, who you cannot possibly argue with because they're not willing to argue the points, it's their way or the highway. At least with communists, some of them are willing to argue/debate. Religious zealots just talk at you instead of with you.

ICRS

Banned
Apr 20, 2008
Zeolots aren't the only problem though. Even moderate god believers are problem. They enable and allow for these zeolots.

Hugh H

Jul 11, 2008
Originally posted by: brandonb

Right, and if someone religious came into the discussion they'd just be called "delusional" or ignored as some hillbilly rednecks. Do you people even think before you post? Because you sound more retarded than Rev. Arnold Conrad.

Please, I tried to have plenty of disussions with religious zealots when I was younger, attentively listening to their points and trying to make mine. Now, I just don't bother.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
One thing I've noticed about Religious zealots is that they can't properly think for themselves, which is why they are frustrating to argue with. Religion shores up their intellectual insecurity because they are too weak to come up with their own ideas of what is right and wrong.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: manowar821

Communism isn't a religion buddy. This is about religious zealots, who you cannot possibly argue with because they're not willing to argue the points, it's their way or the highway. At least with communists, some of them are willing to argue/debate. Religious zealots just talk at you instead of with you.
Oh the ironing! :laugh:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Heh communism and religious extremism arent far apart. Both talk about the utopian fantasy land. Both use force to enforce their beliefs. Both have untouchable gods(dictators). Both have prophets(party officials). Both squash all opposition's ideas and talk.

How many true communists were willing to talk back in the day? All I read about is the thousands of political opponents inside and outside the party that were silenced for their beliefs.

Political ideology and religion are nearly the same damn thing. Only one has a ficticious god who is believed needs to be prayed to in order to enter the gates of heaven. While the other has earthly gods that need to be prayed to in order to open the gates of living hell on earth.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Originally posted by: ICRS
People who believe in God are only deluding them self. Some of these people zeolots suffer from the worst form of delusion.
When people post like this, you give informed religious people (not zealots) the impression that you are against religion and/or that religion is nothing but 'opium for the masses' -- which in turn makes you look like an ass. You also help perpetuate the widely held belief that liberals think religion is nonsense.

Throughout history, people need an outlet to worship and will do so despite the harshest of crackdowns and repeated threats to their lives -- look no further than Poland decades ago as well as modern day China.

I happen to be fairly religious but I am far from a zealot. My wife and her family are from Spain and happen to be very religious and are also some of the nicest, calm, tolerant, and well informed people around.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
I have the most fun conversations with religious zealots. Don't speak to them in YOUR language, speak to them in THEIR language and sarcastically bring up the internal inconsistencies in their views. Hilarity ensues!

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Heh communism and religious extremism arent far apart. Both talk about the utopian fantasy land. Both use force to enforce their beliefs. Both have untouchable gods(dictators). Both have prophets(party officials). Both squash all opposition's ideas and talk.

How many true communists were willing to talk back in the day? All I read about is the thousands of political opponents inside and outside the party that were silenced for their beliefs.

Political ideology and religion are nearly the same damn thing. Only one has a ficticious god who is believed needs to be prayed to in order to enter the gates of heaven. While the other has earthly gods that need to be prayed to in order to open the gates of living hell on earth.

I'm not aware of any countries where "true communists" have ever been in power.

ICRS

Banned
Apr 20, 2008
Originally posted by: brencat
When people post like this, you give informed religious people (not zealots) the impression that you are against religion and/or that religion is nothing but 'opium for the masses' -- which in turn makes you look like an ass. You also help perpetuate the widely held belief that liberals think religion is nonsense.

Throughout history, people need an outlet to worship and will do so despite the harshest of crackdowns and repeated threats to their lives -- look no further than Poland decades ago as well as modern day China.

I happen to be fairly religious but I am far from a zealot. My wife and her family are from Spain and happen to be very religious and are also some of the nicest, calm, tolerant, and well informed people around.

Actually I am against religion. All people who worship god suffer from a mental illness, they have too be. They are worshiping an invisible sky fairy.

Go read some Dawkins and Hitchens.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006

You are raining on their parade. This is supposed to be an anti religious circle jerk.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
At the very end of your existence, you will find that your anger was justified or not. At that moment, just as now, what you think doesn't really matter.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006

Actually I am against religion. All people who worship god suffer from a mental illness, they have too be. They are worshiping an invisible sky fairy.

Yet you worship human figures like Dawkins and Hitchens, but apparently you are too blind yourself to understand that. You are worse than any religious Zealot.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: nakedfrog

I'm not aware of any countries where "true communists" have ever been in power.

That is because like religious doctrine it is simply a story, the promise at the end of the long painful tunnel that leads into Utopia.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Originally posted by: theflyingpig
I pretty much hate anyone who is deeply religious. They are all pathetic, weak minded fools.

I guess we're fighting fire with fire in this thread. :D

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

I will. You go read some Kreeft, Chesterton, and Belloc.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
That is the stupidest, most ignorant prayer I've ever heard. What self-serving crap.

[I'm not surprised, however.]