Boy Gets Stuck Inside Vending Machine

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Boy Gets Stuck Inside Vending Machine

ELKHART, Ind. (May 21) - A crane vending machine can be frustrating enough when you're trying to snatch a little stuffed toy from its steely clutches. Imagine if the prize it's denying you is your own 3-year-old son.

James Manges II managed to climb up the chute and inside one of the machines Thursday, swinging around for an hour amid the plush toys he coveted before firefighters freed him.

James' mother, Danielle Manges, said they had paid an early morning visit to a Wal-Mart in this northern Indiana city because he had been sick and was sleeping odd hours. After she denied him money to play the vending-machine game, he threw a juice box and climbed into the machine while his mother picked it up.

"Within two seconds he had climbed through the hole, into the chute and pushed the door shut so we couldn't get him out,'' she said.

At first, Manges thought it was funny: "He was playing with all the toys and hanging from the bar like a monkey.''

She even bought a disposable camera to take pictures, as other shoppers did. But she soon became upset when Wal-Mart employees said they did not have a key to let James out.

Firefighters removed the back of the machine to free James - who went home empty-handed.

"He definitely didn't get a toy after that,'' Manges said.

Pics:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4570201.stm

(Thanks Britboy)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Not the first time this has happened.

You'd think their theft prevention designs would prevent it but I guess not.

Viper GTS

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Hah - 2 seconds my ass - she left her kid unattended at the entrance of a Wal-Mart. Very safe.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: z0mb13
Originally posted by: Amused
only at walmart!

:D:D

Originally posted by: WW
happened in wisconsin...with a 7 year old! at the Piggly Wiggly

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/01/08/offbeat.boy.stuck.ap/

Apparently not.

you didnt get my joke..

this would happen only to the kind of people that GO to walmart, hence only at walmart..

3 year olds of all economic classes crawl into tight spaces.

I got your "joke." But it's really not that funny. The insipid Wal-Mart bashing is old and mindless band-wagoning. In my day, the joke was K-Mart and all the kids made the same fscking jokes.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001

[/quote]

.[/quote]

My ex-g/f 10 year old son was small for his age;he got yelled at,and was told to go to his room,he decided to hide in the storage area of the large TV cabinet.He fell asleep in there,and did not hear anyone calling for him to come to supper about 1/2 hour later.
It took us about 20 mins to find him!

He did this about a month before playing hide and seek,and nobody could find him!:Q
He told us that was his best hiding spot,after we found him.:|

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
only at walmart!

:D:D

Originally posted by: WW
happened in wisconsin...with a 7 year old! at the Piggly Wiggly

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/01/08/offbeat.boy.stuck.ap/

Apparently not.

you didnt get my joke..

this would happen only to the kind of people that GO to walmart, hence only at walmart..

I got your "joke." But it's really not that funny. The insipid Wal-Mart bashing is old and mindless band-wagoning. In my day, the joke was K-Mart and all the kids made the same fscking jokes.
Hell, the K-Mart jokes abounded even when I was in school....

How come the kid couldn't just crawl back out?