Bought some Maui Jims on Ebay

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Bought some Maui Jim sunglasses on ebay for $50. There's a great sunglasses seller on ebay who finds all these sunglasses scuba diving, he said in the auction both lenses have slight scratches but they look new to me, the scratches must be really light. The model name is Ho'Okipa. They are sexay lookin.

Howeva', they kinda fit loosely, i think they are supposed to, but I always feel like they're gonna fall off. Even though if I shake my head real hard, they won't fall off. I'd just like them to grip my head more, can I get them adjusted someplace? Also, i'd like to get them authenticated. I don't know if sunglasses knockoffs are rampant, but it'd be nice to know if I have a real pair, I'm almost certain they are. The guy who sells them on ebay has really good feedback, but I dunno if he would be able to be sure they are real or not either.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Knockoff sunglasses are rampant, yes. That's what I usually buy, since $10 sunglasses are perfect for people who break them all the time. :)

I got a nice pair of Maui Jims (~$200) given to me. Yay for companies who come up with smart ways to incent their employees, like trips to Hawaii!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I live 2 miles from the Maui Jim corporate office.

It's not where most people would think it's located. Peoria, IL. About the furthest you could possibly get from a beach :p

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Anyway I could get them adjusted a little bit for not too much cash? Could I get them authenticated?

I could probably go without getting them adjusted, I just feel like they're going to fall off since I can barely feel them on my noggin.

Old Hippie

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2005
Knockoff sunglasses with slightly scratched lens ? That would be a new trick. There's a lotta fake stuff on Ebay, but that doesn't sound like the case with yours.