Boston to be shut-down for DNC

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
DNC Traffic/Security Plan

Has anything like this ever been done before? With this kind of road closure essentially the whole town will be shut down.

No way in hell I'm going anywhere near there July 26-29th.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
"Lifestyles will change, but in the long run, we will be better for it," Boston Mayor Tom Menino said. "Look at the city's economic future. This will be great for the city of Boston."

Bull.

The economic costs will have a larger impact. People will have to take from 30-60 minutes longer to get into work.
The surface streets will be a gridlock. They can not handle the volume needed.
Light rail will be come like a sardine can.

The only positive is that this is when many people may take a vacation during this week.

Maybe it will also convince the politicians to put a light rail line along 128 and have stations at each of the major roads intersection. Increase from a hub/spoke system to a hub/spoke/rim.

klah

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2002
Are they still putting all of the protestors on a 1/2 acre lot, under an overpass, 2 miles away from the convention center?

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
is it going to be in the fleet center?
Yes.

It will be interesting to see just how screwed up things get. I'd advise people to stay far away. I'll make sure my business is anywhere but downtown.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: klah
Are they still putting all of the protestors on a 1/2 acre lot, under an overpass, 2 miles away from the convention center?

Protestors? What Protestors??? :confused: No such thing with a Dictatorship.

Why would anyone want to protest the political party that will save/deliver America from the current administration? :confused: