Borderlands 2 Collectors Edition

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Aw, it doesn't have the fold out wings from the game... Oh well, its still awesome.

Did you really need another tackle box? hehe

As for if it is worth $50, was the plastic dragon in Skyrim's worth the $50? Nope. This stuff is never worth the original price but it holds intrinsic value to their target audience. Just like that dragon was worth $50 to you and me this chest is worth $50 to Borderlands fans like me.

kyonu

Dec 1, 2011
Look at the differences--you get more than just a box. My personal favorite is the cloth map compared to a basic map.

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
Did you really need another tackle box? hehe

As for if it is worth $50, was the plastic dragon in Skyrim's worth the $50? Nope. This stuff is never worth the original price but it holds intrinsic value to their target audience. Just like that dragon was worth $50 to you and me this chest is worth $50 to Borderlands fans like me.

I just picked up the Skyrim CE for $60 (originally $150 on release). Just pointing that out because they usually overproduce these CE's nowadays and if you're ok waiting awhile you can grab em for cheap later on.

Truthslayer

Dec 21, 2010
Sorry to drag this off topic, but that's been bugging me for years now. There's this huge push from almost any devs/publishers to buy the horrendously expensive special edition with the unspoken thought that there won't be any left if you didn't preorder 4+ months in advance. Has there actually been a case where one couldn't buy the physical CE a better part of a year after release?

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
Sorry to drag this off topic, but that's been bugging me for years now. There's this huge push from almost any devs/publishers to buy the horrendously expensive special edition with the unspoken thought that there won't be any left if you didn't preorder 4+ months in advance. Has there actually been a case where one couldn't buy the physical CE a better part of a year after release?

I'd say that CE's for most bigger games are massively over produced given that you can typically pick them up a few months later for half or less as retailers try to sell off their excess inventory. The only recent exception that I can think of were the Kingdoms of Amalur CE's, which were actually limited. They listed the number of units produced on their website and once they were gone, they were gone.

Last edited:

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
If there was a guarantee that it included future DLC (or at least one or two) it would be a must buy for me.
Then again it might be anyway. :)
I'm a huge Borderlands fan, not to mention my 5 year old daughter loves it.

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
i totally caved and pre-ordered this the other day.

i feel a little bad for being all spendy, but imma be doin a happy dance when i get that loot box. :D

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

i feel a little bad for being all spendy, but imma be doin a happy dance when i get that loot box. :D

Currently, I'm torn between whether I should cancel my pre-order at Amazon and try my luck with Gamestop. Even though I won't take time off to play the game, there's the fun of seeing all the jealous people at the midnight release! :twisted:

Also, it would be a bummer if UPS ended up leaving it with my apartment complex, which means I wouldn't get to play it until the next day.

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012

Diablo 3, and i sold 2 extras for $200 each.

Most have went downhill though i wish they would limit them more and not mass produce them.

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012

Same i can't wait! Just not sure if i want it for PC or 360 gah, i have both preordered for now will cancel one when it gets a bit closer and i decide.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Same i can't wait! Just not sure if i want it for PC or 360 gah, i have both preordered for now will cancel one when it gets a bit closer and i decide.

It might be wise to consider how much of an advantage PC gamers had in modifying the game. I've seen a few 360 gamers lamenting over the Fast Travel Hub for the DLC zones. :p

That may also make you say, "but the PC can also have people duping guns." But then I would tell you, "WillowTree works on console saves too!" WillowTree being the Borderlands save editor.

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
It might be wise to consider how much of an advantage PC gamers had in modifying the game. I've seen a few 360 gamers lamenting over the Fast Travel Hub for the DLC zones. :p

That may also make you say, "but the PC can also have people duping guns." But then I would tell you, "WillowTree works on console saves too!" WillowTree being the Borderlands save editor.

I had it for both for the first one but ended up playing in on the 360 mostly for the vehicle controls with a controller.

Now i have a 2560x1440 reso monitor and a GTX 670 so its playing it on that vs a 55" LED 3D tv. I think it comes down to mostly how the vehicle controls will be on PC, i would rather play it there for more detail.

Would be awesome if there was a cloud save between PC and 360 :).

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I had it for both for the first one but ended up playing in on the 360 mostly for the vehicle controls with a controller.

Why would you want to sacrifice precise aiming for the small amount of driving that you have to do?

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
Why would you want to sacrifice precise aiming for the small amount of driving that you have to do?

Ya this is what i am thinking also. I did enjoy the first one on 360 though. Maybe i will pick up a used copy down the road for my GF kids to play on 360.