Boneless Pork Loin

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
If you can wait until tomorrow I've got a great suggestion. If not, I can also offer one for tonight.

Tonight:

Mix up some soy sauce, salt, pepper, honey, dried chilies, some vinegar, thyme and garlic, Stick the loin in it for a few hours, then take a skillet, put in 1/4" of canola oil and get it hot. throw in some garlic and then throw in the loin. Brown it on all sides, then take it out and put it on a baking sheet and bake at a fairly low temperature until its done.

Tomorrow (actually you could get away with this today if you're quick about it and don't mind eating a little late... and if you're in the west).

Make a brine. Take a small pot, fill it 2/3 with water. Put in two rosemary sprigs, 2 thyme sprigs, 1 head of garlic (smash the individual cloves and leave the skins on), a tbsp or two of peppercorns, 1/4 cup honey and 8-10 bay leaves. Boil it for about a minute or two and remove from the heat. Let it cool for a few minutes (you can help by sticking the pot in a sink of cold water). When it's not really hot anymore pour it into a larger pot. Add a few ice cubes to cool it further, then fill the large pot up with enough water to easily cover the loin when you put it in. Add 1 cup salt (yes, a lot), and stir it up so it all mixes well. Then stick the loin in and put it in the fridge.

Ideally you should leave it in the brine for 24 hours, but you can gain some benefit from it being in for shorter, particularly because it's a loin.

When you're ready to cook it, take a heavy roasting pan and put it on the stove. Add some canola oil (1/4" at the bottom) and heat it up. Take the loin out of the brine, score the fat, then rinse it quickly in cold water, pat it dry with some paper towels and season it with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, throw the loin in and brown it on all sides. When the loin is browned nicely (like golden brown... make it look good), take it out and turn the heat off. After a minute or two throw in about 6 cloves of garlic, smashed with the skins left on. Then throw in 2 sprigs of thyme (they will pop and the oil will spit... careful). After a minute or so, push the herbs to one side, add a few tbsp of butter, put the loin in the roaster, put the herbs on top and bake at 350 or so until the loin is a little pink in the center (like a nice medium). Every 15 minutes or so you can pull it out to baste it.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I usually take a pack of mexican rice and throw it in the bottom of a casarole dish. Throw the pork loin in there. Toss a can of black beans with jalapeno peppers over that, and then top the whole thing off with a can of salsa.

Throw some foil over the top and bake for 45 minutes to an hour @ 350.

L

Lola

Is it tenderloin? (the smaller cut)

What i do is very simple... depending on your tastes but I will give my "recipe":

I marinate the pork loin for several hours (max is 8 for me) in whatever I may have on hand. I have found if you are going to grill it the first marinade tastes better.

Lime juice
Olive oil
minced garlic
onion powder
seasoning salt
old bay seasoning (it works)
rub the baby down and let it sit covered in the fridge. When it is ready, remove excess oil and grill.
It will be juciy and VERY flavorful.

If I am staying inside, i like to mix olive oil again, this time, worstishire sauce, a splash of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, garlic powder rosemary (dry or fresh) and pepper.
Let it marinate for a while. I then take off excess oil, gently dredge in seasoned flour and broil.
Outside is crispy inside is moist.

You could always add whatever spices you have in your pantry or fridge depending on mood and taste.

Feb 6, 2007
I read this as "business pork loin," which I just had to investigate. Sadly, there was very little business-grade pork to be found in this thread.

Boneless pork loin sounds like an impotent pig.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
I like mine marinated with a mix of hoisin, soy, five spice powder and minced ginger & garlic. Reserve some unused marinade for glazing.
Or sometimes I just stud it with garlic slivers and rub with salt & pepper...this is better if I know if I'm going to know I'll have a lot of leftovers. Fairly neutral flavor for different leftover options. Great to use sliced thin for cuban sandwiches.

Billb2

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2005
Quick recipe:
1/2" thick boneless pork loin (gutterfly if to thick, 1/4" is OK too)
1 tsp butter/cooking oil
1 Slice Brick, Provalone, or Swiss cheese
2 tbsp your favorite BBQ sauce (Open Pit Original works great)
Hamburger bun

Preheat a cast iron skillet, Med heat. (You have to sear the loins or they'll be tough)
Heat butter/oil
Add pork, brown one side 2.min
Flip, cook an additional 2 minutes
Place cheese on pork loin, cover w/BBQ sauce
Cover pan, cook until cheese melts. (You may want to add a tsp of water to speed up the melting)
Place on bun
Serve with extra BBQ sauce, potato chips, and Pepsi

Prep time 10 min, including defrosting the frozen loin(s)
Calories...about enough.

cardiac

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
We usually buy the whole boneless loin, which is usually around 10 lbs or so (Alternator sized).

I cut 1" thick chops out of the center, and use each end as a pork roast (About 2 lbs each). I slit a pocket into the chops, stuff them with sliced mushrooms and provolone cheese, dunk them in milk, then dredge through a flour/crumbled pretzel mixture. In that mixture I put seasoned salt, garlic, and pepper. Then I pan fry them in olive of canola oil.

The ends of the loin I put in the crock pot with fresh green and red pepper strips, diced onions, cumin, a can of stewed tomatoes, and fresh cilantro. Let it go on low for about 8 hours and then shred the pork (It will fall apart with a fork), and it makes the best fajitas.....

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I get two apples, preferrably Granny Smith (but you can use any really) and core them and cut them into slices. I arrange the apples slices flat in a oven-safe casserole or baking pan. Then I sprinkle them with a lil' brown sugar, cinnamon, and drizzle some maple syrup on them (not a lot, just a few drops on each slice). Then I take some pork loin chops and cook em in a skillet for a few minutes on each side, just until the meat starts turning white. I then arrange the pork loin cuts on top of the apples, and bake for 25-35 minutes or until done (just as the apples have softened.) Yum.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I have never done a whole boneless pork loin without it being dry. :frown: The stuff is just too lean. I might follow the brining recipe here. I think I've got another one in the freezer.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Squisher
I have never done a whole boneless pork loin without it being dry. :frown: The stuff is just too lean. I might follow the brining recipe here. I think I've got another one in the freezer.

Most of that is probably because you cook it too long. You can actually get away with pork done to medium-well and don't have to dry it right out when you cook it. I take mine out with a little pink in it still and it's fantastic. And you won't go wrong with the brine ;)