Bolton lands multi-million dollar book deal

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
So now we know why he won't testify, why give away what you can sell?, https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/reports-bolton-has-landed-a-million-dollar-book-deal
Frankly, I think Nancy is blowing this impeachment, screw trying to "get it done by December" and Bolton's (and now Mulvaney has joined the suit as well) asking the court if they should testify, https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html#comments-wrapper Since it's near certain any court would uphold a valid Congressional subpoena I'd say wait and drag these two, (and others) in to testify.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
NYT claims that close associates of Bolton have advance drafts, and have shared details with reporters:

WH may already be claiming Bolton took notes with him he was supposed to leave behind when he left.

Apparently, the book describes:

- In an August meeting about releasing the aid, Trump said he didn’t want to release it until Ukraine sent all documents pertaining to Biden and Hillary
- Mike Pompeo knew Rudy’s allegations about Marie Yovanovitch were false and believed Rudy may have been working for other clients when he floated them
- Bolton told Bill Barr that he was mentioned in the call in July; Barr has claimed he only learned that in August
- Contrary to Mick Mulvaney’s claims, the Chief of Staff was present on at least one call with Rudy
- Bolton, Pompeo, and Secretary of Defense Mark Esper counseled Trump to release the aid almost a dozen times

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
NYT claims that close associates of Bolton have advance drafts, and have shared details with reporters:

WH may already be claiming Bolton took notes with him he was supposed to leave behind when he left.

Apparently, the book describes:

- In an August meeting about releasing the aid, Trump said he didn’t want to release it until Ukraine sent all documents pertaining to Biden and Hillary
- Mike Pompeo knew Rudy’s allegations about Marie Yovanovitch were false and believed Rudy may have been working for other clients when he floated them
- Bolton told Bill Barr that he was mentioned in the call in July; Barr has claimed he only learned that in August
- Contrary to Mick Mulvaney’s claims, the Chief of Staff was present on at least one call with Rudy
- Bolton, Pompeo, and Secretary of Defense Mark Esper counseled Trump to release the aid almost a dozen times

This could get interesting, either Bolton feels guilty of letting the "old guard" GOP by not testifying for the house hearings or possible he won't care about bus-chucking fuck-face because he see's a chance HE might run for POTUS under the banner "I was 1st calling the douche out" when almost everyone else hid like rats.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Oh, and one more thing, the whole "it might be illegal if I testify" these rats have been hiding behind is laughable, complying with a legit congressional inquiry is not going to land anyone in any trouble.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Oh, and one more thing, the whole "it might be illegal if I testify" these rats have been hiding behind is laughable, complying with a legit congressional inquiry is not going to land anyone in any trouble.

Bolton has now said he will appear if subpoened. The problem now is solely with the Senate GOP.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Bolton has now said he will appear if subpoened. The problem now is solely with the Senate GOP.
I like the timing of this "draft" there is still 4-5 days left for Trumps goon squad to make a laughable defense and then we get question and answer period. With this Bolton news PLUS the release of more tapes from Parnas hopefully people get on the phone demanding their Senators vote for evidence.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

His unwillingness to break Party discipline is part of the problem. He's putting Party above Country like the rest of the GOP. The House intelligence committee is every bit as good a place to testify as the Senate.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Wonder if it will turn into another second hand information story. I hope it's a first hand account. Too bad though that him waiting in order to get more book sales may look bad to the public. And that may hurt chances for a Democrat to win the election. I hope that doesn't happen, I'd like to see his account gain traction and help to get a progressive to win in November.

So my opinions are concerning the election. The Bolton book won't change the outcome of the Senate trial. Although I have this sliver of a hope that it will cause a bunch of Senate Repubs to break ranks. I have to be practical about it. Maybe one or two could turn, idk. Edit: I've had my fun laughing at the turmoil caused by Trump's comments for over three years. Now I need to be an adult about it and hope someone else wins in Nov.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The American people should fully trust Bolton. Trump only hires the best people. They are beyond repute.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
This move by Bolton cheapens the value of his testimony should it ever be given. I find it a craven act for someone supposedly acting in America's interest to expose criminal acts by a President.
Absolutely this. It all may very well be accurate, but he's trying to sell books not do the right thing. Fuck this guy.

Nov 8, 2012
Why does everyone have to write a fucking book on everything ?

Seems like no one REALLY cares about the truth, getting justice served.... everyone on both sides of the aisle just wants more money. Pitiful.

Reactions: BlueWeasel

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

Seems like no one REALLY cares about the truth, getting justice served.... everyone on both sides of the aisle just wants more money. Pitiful.
The Democratic analog to this, currently, is....?

Edit: Ha, just saw above.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

dude, why is it always this same thing with you?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

As stated your #bothsides is watering down GOP malfeasance.

I will give one Republican props for his honesty and dignity and that is the FORMER Republican Justin Amash. He had the sense to get the fuck out of that rat infested sewer of a party.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
This will change nothing for the fanatics. It's already been proven this was Trump's motive. The cultists in the MAGA fever swamps don't care about reality anymore. Just tell them something to believe that they feel better about, and they'll run with that.

Who with a modicum of critical thinking skills believed Bolton would not already say this? If there was one witness anywhere who could exonerate Trump without perjuring themselves, he'd have them up there with bells on.

Would a dramatic admission from el mustachio at this trial even change a thing? They'd still be claiming it was a 'perfect' call. Trump repeats 'read the transcripts' ad nauseam, something that if you do it, proves he was doing what he's accused of. Jonestown level of indoctrination has been reached with his supporters.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Both sides is the easiest and most handy way to stay brain dead. It's a form of projection. I know I'm rotten and would sell my soul for a buck so everybody else must be the same.

Nobody was born this way. We were all exposed to the idea we are worthless. But imagine if we found within ourselves a different source of morality than fear of getting caught, where honesty and integrity were there just as a matter of personal pride, a way of living comfortably within your own skin. Nah, can't be, right?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Why are you trying to #bothsides this? If there’s an analogous situation on the left, what is it?
Everyone with any sort of celebrity writes a book.
Right now Trump books are big, the "Inside Story Of Rage and Stupidity In The White House". This shit sells, it's money in the bank and the publishers know it. The thing you miss is that none of these stories are about getting the truth out, or setting the record straight, they're about money, sometimes money and revenge.
The thing to understand is that you're being sold something. Some flunky talking about his day to day life as the doorman isn't going to move any product, that same flunky spreading rumors and innuendo about secret meetings and spies wondering the halls will sell, so that's what's going to be in the book.

Jan 25, 2011
Right now Trump books are big, the "Inside Story Of Rage and Stupidity In The White House". This shit sells, it's money in the bank and the publishers know it. The thing you miss is that none of these stories are about getting the truth out, or setting the record straight, they're about money, sometimes money and revenge.
The thing to understand is that you're being sold something. Some flunky talking about his day to day life as the doorman isn't going to move any product, that same flunky spreading rumors and innuendo about secret meetings and spies wondering the halls will sell, so that's what's going to be in the book.
Yeah. The former National Security Advisor for the POTUS is a flunky spreading rumor and innuendo. You realize he's referencing receipts for those rumors and innuendo right?

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Yeah. The former National Security Advisor for the POTUS is a flunky spreading rumor and innuendo. You realize he's referencing receipts for those rumors and innuendo right?
That won't work. The furthest Greenman can get is 'Damn, I guess the Republicans are as bad as the Democrats'. The thought that someone other than Republicans have actually been trying to protect the nation for the last four years physically cannot enter his mind space.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
On what basis do you make that claim. Do you personally know lots of authors of books like you describe and they have privately told you that, or is this just a story you tell yourself, your own self created reality and one, if you don't mind me saying so, sort of stinks. For the sake of your own sanity I implore you to bring to consciousness the unconscious assumptions that lie at the heart of your programmed reality. The scenario you describe, while it may indeed apply to some, is a condition I would refer to as a disease of self hate and not a fundamental human condition. Not all authors or people generally are like what you describe.

Too many camel bones and you forget what a real camel looks like. A Sufi saying.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Senate Republicans:

"The impeachment case lacks eyewitnesses. There is nothing new here!"

Also Senate Republicans:

"No, we refuse to listen to any eyewitnesses, and will ignore what Bolton says"

The GOP senators know that their supporters expect them to lie and cover up for Trump. If they dare tell the truth, their voters will most likely abandon them.

The lies and coverup are part of the job description if you are a Republican Senator in today's GOP.

Reactions: tweaker2

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

lol so now you’re trying to convince yourself Bolton is making it up? Wow. Exactly how many people need to say the exact same thing happened until you stop trying to pretend they are all lying?

Regardless if you think he’s lying there’s an easy answer to that - have him testify under oath. In fact, let’s have the president’s entire inner circle testify under oath!