BOINC@TACC has work

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Sorry, that was probably me adding the fleet to the project. :D That said, I've not had any trouble getting tasks, on Linux. Perhaps they generate them as needed, or perhaps just not fast enough.

You forgot to mention the tasks are for COVID-19 research. ;) And the pay is terrible. :( Being a VM task, they tend to average only 50% CPU usage (uses 4 threads per instance). RAM intensive too.

Reactions: StefanR5R

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I've had two Windows PCs and 1 Linux laptop attached to the project since I first learned of it several months ago. This is the first time any of my computers have received a single task so I thought I'd mention it...

They are definitely high impact tasks for low credits, but I'm still happy to start getting something in the project so it will show up on Free-DC. ;)

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Looks like it wasn't just a one-time load of work units. There are another 5000 in the queue again now.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
I noticed almost all my wingmen were ME. On a faulty system, that certainly would cause scientific setbacks. I am sure promising candidates would be double/triple/quadruple checked though...surely.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oooh. You're right! How can I scratch the stats junkie itch if the stats don't even show up? :(