Bob Woodward’s Book & the thread of so much winning

Feb 4, 2009
small except from fake news cnn
Do any Trumpers still think he is playing 5 dimensional chess?
Does anyone think this doesn’t sound like something Trump would do?

Woodward describes a scene in the White House residence. Trump's lawyer, convinced the President would perjure himself, put Trump through a test — a practice interview for the one he might have with Mueller. Trump failed, according to Dowd, but the President still insisted he should testify.
Woodward writes that Dowd saw the "full nightmare" of a potential Mueller interview, and felt Trump acted like an "aggrieved Shakespearean king."
But Trump seemed surprised at Dowd's reaction, Woodward writes. "You think I was struggling?" Trump asked.
Then, in an even more remarkable move, Dowd and Trump's current personal attorney Jay Sekulow went to Mueller's office and re-enacted the mock interview. Their goal: to argue that Trump couldn't possibly testify because he was incapable of telling the truth.
"He just made something up. That's his nature," Dowd said to Mueller.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/04/politics/bob-woodward-book-donald-trump-fear/index.html

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Some have spoken about it in other threads, but as this explicitly is about the book itself, I'll repeat a few things. First is the likely intentional irony of the release date of 9/11 and that no one has a better long term credible and authoritative track record than Woodward. I await my copy.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
https://www.newsweek.com/mattis-trump-fifth-grader-woodward-book-1104417

President Donald Trump was described as having the intellect of a “fifth or sixth-grader” by Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis following a meeting about North Korea and U.S.’s involvement in the region, according to a new book.

Famed reporter Bob Woodward details why Mattis made such a remark in his book Fear, excerpts released by The Washington Post on Tuesday showed.

Trump and Mattis were at a National Security Council meeting in January, during which Trump questioned why the U.S. military had such a strong presence on the Korean Peninsula. Mattis, according to the book, told Trump that the effort and money spent in the region was intended to “prevent World War III.”

“Mattis was particularly exasperated and alarmed, telling close associates that the president acted like — and had the understanding of — ‘a fifth- or sixth-grader,’” Woodward quoted Mattis as stating.

Wow...nice to see his underlings think so highly of their President...