Bob Barr To Possibly Run as the Libertarian Candidate

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Fox News Story

Fitsnews story

LIBERTARIAN CANDIDATE WILL ALSO GET RON PAUL?S ENDORSEMENT, SOURCES SAY

FITSNews - March 31, 2008 - Feeding off of conservative discontent with Republican presidential nominee John McCain, former Georgia Congressman Bob Barr will announce a third party bid for the White House next week, sources tell FITSNews.

Barr, who will run as a Libertarian, is also slated to receive the the endorsement of Texas Congressman Ron Paul, the only Republican presidential candidate who has yet to cease campaign operations and jump on the McCain bandwagon.

Just last week, Paul threw more cold water on the notion of his supporters backing McCain, telling Newsweek, ?I?m not going to tell them what to do, but I honestly can?t imagine any of them supporting him. That would be a tough sale.?

Barr, who represented Georgia?s 7th Congressional District in the U.S. House from 1995-2003, is perhaps best known for his role as a House Manager during impeachment proceedings against former President Bill Clinton.

From the looks of it, Barr and Paul already seem to have something of a ?mutual admiration society? going.

Last week, Barr specifically praised Paul?s campaign in discussing his own flirtation with the Presidency, telling the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that his potential Libertarian bid for the White House would be an extension of the Ron Paul movement.

?Ron Paul tapped into a great deal of that dissatisfaction and that awareness. Unfortunately, working through the Republican party structure, it became impossible for him to really move forward with his movement. But we have to have ?.a rallying point out there to harness that energy, that freedom in this election cycle,? Barr told the newspaper.

Will Barr be the man for some conservatives? Will Ron Paul supporters not write in Ron Paul and vote for Barr after an endorsement by Ron Paul? Nothing like seeing another hat in the ring to make this years campaign and election season into more of a circus than it already is.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Barr will get destroyed. From what I remember, there was more dirt on him than a corpse at your local cemetery.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Yeah, say what you want about Ron Paul, but his numbers really do add up, he'd be more of a spoiler than Nader/etc ever were in the 3rd-party realm. That is, if his supporters would actually get behind Barr.

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006
Good luck with him getting on the ballot in all 50 states.
Did anyone else watch the Jesse Ventura interview on Larry King Live a couple of days ago?

Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
From what I remember, there was more dirt on him than a corpse at your local cemetery.

Bob Barr has more dirt on himself than the Clintons do on themselves.