Bluetooth phone + Laptop + $5.99 data plan = Internet 24/7

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
ewww...even in the middle of no where my Moto Q on EV-DO (CDMA) gets 200-500kbps

*waits silently until no one is looking and applies the DUN hack for future use;) *

Yeah, but your EVDO service also has a cap. And a ridiculous ToS that basically prohibits just about everything.

I have a $10 a month data plan that does this, and offers 150kbps speed (1xRTT CDMA). It works well and is great for the road.

I stream stuff all the time..no issues so far...

so far..I've had it for jsut a short time:p

HTC User

Banned
Aug 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
Originally posted by: HTC User
Originally posted by: compnovice
Originally posted by: Shawn
how about for verizon?

Nope. I don't even think this "alternative" is avaible for Cingular.

Now if I had known about this before the switch..............

Are you on a contract or something?

Isn't everybody:p

I was fianlly out but needed to save money on the phone:p

I am actually. :p

Those bastards always find a way to tie you up.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Cdubneeddeal
OP, you wouldn't happen to work for T-Mobile, do you? ;)
Doubtful. At least, not in any capacity as an offical advertising agent.

ZV

Dec 4, 2002
I am month to month with Cingular. Maybe I should switch to Tmobile. Get paid to take a phone on amazon and then Ebay it to help pay for my Samsung.

HTC User

Banned
Aug 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Mike
I am month to month with Cingular. Maybe I should switch to Tmobile. Get paid to take a phone on amazon and then Ebay it to help pay for my Samsung.

I can't guarantee this "alternative" will last long though. Although I've always found T-Mobile's plans to be a little cheaper than Cingular's.

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Mike

I can't guarantee this "alternative" will last long though. Although I've always found T-Mobile's plans to be a little cheaper than Cingular's.

I am not too interested in the alternative. I wouldn't want to take my laptop with me when I go HDing. I pay for internet at home but split it 4 ways with 3 roommates, so it wouldn't help me out there. It would be a nice feature to have, but I wouldn't rely on it.

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Doubtful. At least, not in any capacity as an offical advertising agent.

ZV

Actually he posted here that he does (Could be sarcasm though)

Yes I work for T-Mobile. :roll:

Do you know how much unlimited data plan is? I think not.

KrillBee

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2005
In regards to the Sprint plan that my friend pays $15 a month for, yes it is unlimited. Its probably not on the site, because I dont think sprint intended for others to use it as their primary data plan. The idea is that it enables internet on your phone, most people probably just use it on their phone not on their comp( but then you can still jack the internet onto your computer using a usb cable and driver, lol)