Question blue screen of death in Turbo mode

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
hi all,
I encounter a weird problem with my new rig setup and is annoying and i m very confused :(
Every time when i Enable Turbo mode in Bios, periodically my system become unstable and i have black screen of death with next error: Whea uncorectable error 124-GenuineIntel.sys
.So this error is from proccesor for sure,so i checked stability and health of my CPU with Intel diagnostic program,but all test are fine,he PASSED without problem.
If i disable Turbo mode from BIOS,i have NO more BSOD problem anymore,but in Device manager it show me i must activate.
This whea 124 error is just because my CPU is overhiting,or i must made DELIDED for him,or my AIO Corsair H115i sucks?
The funny things,is i checked temperature with Real Temp,and when i receive this bsod it's always when i browsing in Opera and it never goes over 40-45 degree.When i play light game like Diablo 3 for example, i never have this bsod 124 error,
I don't understand this WEIRD BEHAVIOR.Another weird thing, ichecked my temperature in idle mode and for example now i have 19-23 dgree and over 1 second it goes to29-36 degree.It is posible to thermal degree is not good?I applied Arctic Mx-4
It's possible even my CPU PASS the IntelDiagnostic test,to have HIDDEN PROBLEM under the Turbo mode and is a defective CPU? :(:(
I must DELID the processor for TurboMode,or is not necessary?I forgot to mention,my CPU is 7820x,but u know my cpu already...
I was so haping with my new rig,and now i encounter this problem.......:(

thanks in advance for any sugestion if u have,

Attachments

• minidump.jpg
    minidump.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 13
  • minidump2.jpg
    minidump2.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 13
  • turbo3.jpg
    turbo3.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 61
  • processor diagnostic tool.jpg
    processor diagnostic tool.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 16
  • bios.jpg
    bios.jpg
    826.7 KB · Views: 15
Jul 27, 2020
Try running something stressful in the background when doing your Opera browsing. Like Rapydmark with just two core test on High setting (deselect the last 3D test). That should take at least 10 minutes so it will give you time to browse a bit.

1678097367266.png

But if the problem happens randomly, that would be much harder to diagnose. You can run the CPU-Z stress test with two threads.

1678097299785.png

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Do you have the Intel Turbo 3.0 driver installed? Maybe the OS is choosing the wrong "premium" core for the turbo 3.0 feature.
I don't think there's any actual CPU driver for Turbo Boost. In his "Settings" pic, you can see the "exclamation point" for Turbo boost. (he even has it circled in red)

turbo3-jpg.77710

Maybe cooling issues?

Maybe try running this:
Then this: (if appropriate for his chipset and Windows)

Last edited:

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
I change in BIOS :
CPU Core ratio set to Auto
AI Overclocker Tuner set to Auto
.When i encounter bsod with Turbo Mode Enabled,CPU core ratio was set to By Core usage,and the weird thing is when i load DEFAULT settings in bios ,he choose automatically By Core Usage not Auto,and with settings Core usage, AVX is set to 4500Mhz,AVX 512 set to 4500mhz and Turbo mode the same 4500.With AUTO settings, AVX is set automatically to 3800mhz and AVX 512 to 3600mhz and no more BSOD.......
And from yesterday until now,i don't have anymore BSOD,my CPU is stable now....but i'm not sure 100% yet if bsod don't come back
The only thing which bother me is this CPU tend to be HOT,and is not summer yet.....With Corsair H115i in idle mode i have 30-35 degree,sometime jump to 40 degree...Is too much for idle

sincerely Bogdan,

p.s Right now i have Arctic Mx-4 applied on CPU.If i change paste with Arctic Silver 5 or Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme is better for this hot cpu 7820x ?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
Jul 27, 2020
Ummm...what were those pics you posted to brag about your CPU running at below 10 degrees Celsius?

Let's say that in summer you experience an ambient temp increase of 30 degrees. Your CPU should still be under 100C at max load. What exactly are you worried about? Watercooling is not the same as a chiller.