Blue screen of death. Computer won't restart

2Boss88

Feb 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

I own a Asus VivoBook M580VD-EB76 Gaming Laptop that I purchased a few months. I’ve used it for a while now without any problems. In fact I’ve had a blast with it considering its remarkable price and redacted. Right of the box it offers 16GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD which I came to really appreciate; not forgetting the USB Type-C port.

That aside, I had been entertaining thoughts upgrading the memory from 16GB DDR4 that I bought it with to 32GB. Also, upgrading the storage with extra flash storage to supplement the 1TB HDD which I managed to do a few days ago.

I have been running the system for about a week now without a problem. It boots fine, the programs are loading and Windows 10 is working as expected. But today I restarted my computer only to come face to face with the blue screen of death. Don’t understand what happened. It won’t turn on. What could be the problem? I admit to not being very techy at all, so please dumb it down for me please.

Vivobook specs: https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-Pro-15-N580VD/specifications/

AT Mod Usandthem

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sandep

2Boss88

Feb 22, 2018
"Your PC ran into problems and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you."
It hasn't gone past that stage though.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
"Your PC ran into problems and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you."
It hasn't gone past that stage though.

Hold down the power button for more than 5 seconds to switch it off.

Jimmy Pham

Feb 23, 2018
savvycomsoftware.com
My HP computer had the same problem one month ago. I bring it to the Laptop center and they said that My mainboard is broken. usually, blue screen error usually for hard disk error, I think so. It's big error you have to pay more to fix.

If you usually turn off your computer by power off , then you will see this error. My HP computer has go into black screen and keep restart again and again after I reinstall window OS.

But When I installed Linux, and It's not happens again. Then I think that you should try to re-install your OS. If you worry about lost data. Then Just install Try Ubuntu, plug in your USB and copy all your important data from C Disk, then exit ubuntu Try . Re - start and try to install Window again * if you use this OS" . I did and success. Hope that help you.