BLue screen after blue screen

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
A few days ago my browser would blink out black, then come back but frozen with an error message about something to do with video drivers.

Now I'm getting blue screen after blue screen with different messages like "system service exception", "Bad Pool Headers", "PFN_LIST", and a few others.

Re-installed 306.97 video drivers still getting bsod.

The only other thing I could think of was my C: drive was almost full but I've deleted a bunch of things and now have over 800 free gigs on it, still bsod.

I'm wondering if a full C drive would have corrupted anything?

Probably should re-format though I just did it a month ago.. oh I turn of system restore so I go no back up.

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
Open CMD and type in CHKDSK. ans another one with the command sfc /scannow. you might want to download whocrached it will tell you the problem

jidery

Mar 31, 2012
Go to event viewer and search for the STOP codes related to your BSOD. If you know the STOP code, you can narrow down the problem.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Usually 'Bad Pool Headers' means its time to run checkdisk, or maybe something more drastic if that doesn't work.

Let us know.

Last edited:

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
Well it hasn't crashed in 4 hours while I was gone it WAS crashing every 10 minutes this mourning. I let it keep running to run those scans, hopefully that fixed it. The first chkdsk scan, I'm not sure what it means, the 2nd scan now scan said all is well i believe.

I don't know anything about the event viewer but here's a pic.

cmd.jpg

cmd-1.jpg

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
I did the /f thing but later my computer froze again. I now remember when daylight savings started, i noticed my computer was a few hours out of time sync.

Anyway, I've reformatted and am updating, installing etc

Thanks for the help.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Seagate makes a great program that can make a bootable disk and check from hardware issues on the hard drive, without having to boot into Windows.

If your only problem was within the file system, the format should fix the issue.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Seagate makes a great program that can make a bootable disk and check from hardware issues on the hard drive, without having to boot into Windows.

If your only problem was within the file system, the format should fix the issue.

+1

Any time you have a problem like this related to file errors (especially those which involve BSODs), it is always a good idea to download a diagnostic utility from the hard drive manufacturer and check the drive for faults. Depending upon the manufacturer and model, some drives are more prone to fail than others.

I also agree with VirtualLarry that it is always a good idea to run a MEMTEST86+ check as well.